Today has alread proved to be very stressful!

Options
My 11year old son has gotten me so stressed out this morning, all I can think of is eating chocolate - and lots of it!
It was his birthday yesterday, we gave him a party the day before, and he got all his presents yesterday.

However, at school yesterday, he had trouble with one child, whom was jealour that it was my son's birthday and the teacher said he could play on a computer game - as it was his birthday, this boy really upset my son.

This morning, I had to phone in sick at work - my cold has lingered for a week, and I now have a sore throat and a temperature. My son was fine, doing the usual, breakfast, wash, clean teeth, right up until I said it was time for school, that was it, he kicked off big time, but saying he was upset about something unrelated to school, I can't help but think that it is to do with this boy though. I've spoken to the school they will speak to my son's teacher.

My eldest son took him to school this morning - but, on the way, my younger son tried to run off, yet, when he got to school, the school phoned me to say he'd forgotten his swiming things, put Dean on the phone to me, and he was fine - I'm more confused than ever!

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My 11year old son has gotten me so stressed out this morning, all I can think of is eating chocolate - and lots of it!
    It was his birthday yesterday, we gave him a party the day before, and he got all his presents yesterday.

However, at school yesterday, he had trouble with one child, whom was jealour that it was my son's birthday and the teacher said he could play on a computer game - as it was his birthday, this boy really upset my son.

This morning, I had to phone in sick at work - my cold has lingered for a week, and I now have a sore throat and a temperature. My son was fine, doing the usual, breakfast, wash, clean teeth, right up until I said it was time for school, that was it, he kicked off big time, but saying he was upset about something unrelated to school, I can't help but think that it is to do with this boy though. I've spoken to the school they will speak to my son's teacher.

My eldest son took him to school this morning - but, on the way, my younger son tried to run off, yet, when he got to school, the school phoned me to say he'd forgotten his swiming things, put Dean on the phone to me, and he was fine - I'm more confused than ever!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Well, there, try to think of a way out and talk to your child. Teach him to be strong, to get over other's teasing, cos he'll have to deal with a lot of that throughout his life.

And set a good example. Teach him how to deal with stressful situations with calm and determination. If you have a goal and if you know what you want, other people's opinion should not stay in your way!

Chocolate, and tons of it, won't do it. Go instead for a walk, for a jog or even clean the house. You need to get that bad energy out and not get some more in. Chocolate would just make you feel disappointed with yourself :embarassed: and on top of it, make you seek :sick: . Come on, don't ruin all my confidence in you! :angry:

I do believe in your strength and I am confident you can find the good way of dealing with this :flowerforyou: . The good strategies you develop now will help you deal with things also later. Just don't rush into anything, think things twice. YOU CAN! :wink:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Afraid I've eaten half a bag of maltesers - 100g !!! 505 calories!!!! :noway:
    I'm going to put the rest of the bag in the fridge and let my kids have them!

I've worked out a low calorie rest of the day, Im having a jacket potato for dinner, and tomato soup for lunch. I'm NOT going to beat myself up over it! I'm just gonna put it down to experience, brush myself down and get on with my day!

Gonna lie down and have a sleep - I feel so grubby today, this cold gets no better, I've spoken to my 11yr old son at school, his teacher will talk to him - I asked him to as it may be that he feels I am to close to him to be able to talk - does that make sense? Sometimes I think it helps to talk to an outsider instead of a close loved one.

i'll stay calm, and wait for my son to come home later, and see if he wants to talk - if he doesn't fine, but if he deos then great :happy: Im not going to stew over it any longer. I just hope that whatever is troubling him, it can be resolved withotu further heartache, my son has always been sensitive, he's not used to having others jealous of him. We moved to this area a couple of years ago and some of the children at the school he attends are from underprivaledged homes.