Rant about the Ranting of Ranters...!?

Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
Okay loves....

This, myfitnesspal, is a public forum. This means that people on this site are from all regions and walks of life. We may not all have the same level of education, or knowledge of weight loss, or wide vocabulary with which to form 'politically correct' statements, so please try not to let your panties bunch while perusing the site. :flowerforyou:

We KNOW a pound is a pound. We know that a pound of muscle just has less mass than a pound of fat...."muscle weighs less than fat" is just how it's said on the forums. If you try and correct every person that uses this phrase, you will have pulled out all your hair by the end of the day and is it really that big of a deal? If it really stresses you, breathe and do 30sec of jumping jacks. It'll do your body good!

And YES people say loose instead of lose. Again, some people type too quickly, some may sincerely not realize their mistake. Feel free to correct them if you wish, but a general rant about the subject, isn't quite necessary. Why not respond to the actual "meat" of their post, instead of picking it apart like a high school English teacher?

Let's love ourselves! :love:

Rawr! :laugh:

xoxo

:flowerforyou:

Edit: For spelling and grammar. :wink:

Replies

• HOPEful27
    HOPEful27 Posts: 56
    Options
    :smile:
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    What??? Muscle weighs more than fat? How does that work? Isn't a pound of muscle the same weight as a pound of fat? I'm about to loose my mind.....
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    lol
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Like OMG, get over it. People can do whatever they want. Who the hell are you to come in here and post this. I can ***** about whatever I want, whenever I want and you can just get ov- - Okay, I'm laughing trying to type something ridiculous to respond to this with.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I AGREE!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Like OMG, get over it. People can do whatever they want. Who the hell are you to come in here and post this. I can ***** about whatever I want, whenever I want and you can just get ov- - Okay, I'm laughing trying to type something ridiculous to respond to this with.

:laugh: You fooled me for a second! I was like wait? wha!? :sad:
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    This one time at band camp....................
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

:laugh: You fooled me for a second! I was like wait? wha!? :sad:

Aww. Nooo. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    I agree with you. And thanks for posting this. Some people should find better things to do with their time then to sit around finding things to pick others apart about.
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    LOL...Hilarious! :laugh:
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Wait... I AM a high school English teacher. :grumble:
  • Atleast40
    Atleast40 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    thumbs up!
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm a person who secretly corrects improper grammar and poor spelling. My friend reminded me that both written and spoken language strive to do one thing: communicate. He made me realize that I was missing the whole point when I grew irritated at improper usage. If I "know" that a person means "lose" when they type "loose", then they've done what they need to do. They got their point across. If I "know" what the person means when they type "muscle weighs more than fat", then I don't need to freak out because they didn't say, "Given equal volumes of muscle and fat, the muscle will weigh more." They've communicated their idea adequately for this forum.

However, I can't get behind: What r ur favorite things 2 do?

It takes more time for me to decipher the meaning than if the actual words were typed. That's a communication fail. We're not texting here...:laugh:

Thank you for the reminder!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I'm a person who secretly corrects improper grammar and poor spelling. My friend reminded me that both written and spoken language strive to do one thing: communicate. He made me realize that I was missing the whole point when I grew irritated at improper usage. If I "know" that a person means "lose" when they type "loose", then they've done what they need to do. They got their point across. If I "know" what the person means when they type "muscle weighs more than fat", then I don't need to freak out because they didn't say, "Given equal volumes of muscle and fat, the muscle will weigh more." They've communicated their idea adequately for this forum.

However, I can't get behind: What r ur favorite things 2 do?

It takes more time for me to decipher the meaning than if the actual words were typed. That's a communication fail. We're not texting here...:laugh:

Thank you for the reminder!

Ahhhh you said it much more eloquently than I. :flowerforyou:
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOST ME.... LMAO
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,714 Member
    Options
    Someone's been reading my mind. :wink:

My status update about an hour ago was:

"If I had a nickel for every time someone posted a rant about your vs. you're, or lose vs. loose, or muscle not weighing more than fat, I'd have a lot of nickels. ;-)"
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I think maybe my hippie "peace, love, and puppy dogs" posts this week have worked on you. :flowerforyou:

I work on tolerance, myself, every day. It's hard sometimes. I want everyone to be as intelligent as the other 75% of us, but it just isn't so. Live and let live. Focus on the meat. :laugh:
  • Asiral
    Asiral Posts: 133
    Options
    I would be rather annoyed if someone was correcting my grammer and not focusing on the topic of my post. This is not a college writing course, this is a website where you get support to lose weight. Not get picked apart by more peers. How disgusting.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Sing it sista!! :drinker:

Or should I say "Sing it sister." ~ you know, just in case the grammar police come :bigsmile: