Should I keep eating fruit?

Options
2»

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    This is the second time I've heard around here that idiots are suggesting not to eat fruit.

...Because of course, eating Atkins Bars HAS to be the only way to diet properly to see results.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Oh, and remember those ads with the bananas listed next to things that are bad for you? Sorry, but they are just trying to entice you to give them more information, so they can get money from you.

Come on. I'm a runner, and bananas rock my world and help me recover from runs! There are times for high glycemic foods, and times for low.

When in doubt, I ask a registered dietician. They know their stuff!
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    listen to what your body is telling you, if you lose weight faster by watching your sugar intake then watch your sugar intake! i eat fruit but i eat all foods, its all in moderation
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    MFP is a "dumb program" in that it can't differentiate between good and bad sugar or simple and complex carbs. Some fruit (like apples) are perfect in that they have lots of fiber as well as the fructose. I would say there is no reason to worry about eating fruit *unless* you stop losing weight. Then it would be an area of change to consider. Personally I have to watch my sugar (including fruit) or I will stop losing. That may be more common to people who have hormonal issues like PCOS or diabetes.