What do you tell yourself?

Options
When you weigh yourself too often and then your weight pops back up a little bit? I've only been on here about ten days but I've weighed myself 4 times. It kept creeping down so it was a little addictive! But of course, this morning it popped back up a few pounds, which I know shouldn't surprise me but does indeed bum me out.

What do you tell yourself when your weight fluctuates instead of dropping smoothly down? And how often do you weigh yourself?

Thanks all! Happy Friday!

Replies

• angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every single day, same time in the morning right after I wake up and go to the bathroom.... but I only log it on Fridays.. even if the scale is way down on a Monday but way up on, like, Wednesday I just tell myself.. Friday is the only day that matters!!! As long as I have a loss from last Friday I'm okay! I like seeing the fluctuation in my weigh daily bc I can see patterns now that I keep track on this cool iphone app I use. But again, I'll only LOG it HERE on Fridays to show my week to week losses. I have never gained on a Friday - only lost. (woo!)

Good luck!!!!! :)
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I got to a place where i was weighing myself 9-15 times a day. ugggghh. I have learned to do it once a week. Usually on friday. That works for me :)
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Everyday, first thing in the morning; I weigh myself. If I'm an ounce down from my last weigh-in - I track it.

Why? For some people, weighing in on specific days is the way that works for them. My schedule is chaotic; some nights I eat earlier than others, some days I have more sodium, some days are just 'heavier'.

I move my flag down the scale, taking the lowest reading I get. If my weight remains the same, or goes up ... I have a record of when I was at my lowest; and that motivates me to keep fighting.

If you are running, or lifting weights; do you only count the time, weight or reps on specific days, or do you judge yourself by your accomplishents? I opt to measure my weight progress by the lowest point I've hit.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Hodar, I like what you said. I think I'm going to do every day and track it on here. I know it can fluctuate for lots of reasons, so I'm more interested in the overall trend.