What exercises can you do with a foot injury?

sandyfeet10
sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
So last year I had a bone contusion in my foot that had me in a cam walker up to my knee for 5 months. I didn't do much excersizing during that time.

Last night I tripped on a step and aggravated the injury again! I iced it and wrapped it but it doesn't feel good.

What exercises have worked for all my MFP's when you have a busted foot???

Thanks!

Replies

• KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    I've been doing upper body stuff with weights this week w/my foot busted. But I'm interested to read what others write!! Bump :)

Edit: Here's a link to a similar thread I started a few days ago that may have some helpful info for you (?) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/267699-exercises-w-a-torn-ligament
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    I too would be interested in this as my Achilles has been inflamed for a few weeks now and I hate riling it up with workouts! Any personal trainers out there that have some good advice?
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Not a personal trainer, but here's what I learned when my foot was in a cast for 8 weeks last year:

1. Punches: Sit up right in a chair and alternate your arms just punching straight out. This gets your HR up pretty quickly to get in your cardio and works your arms a little too.

2. Some people w/ foot injuries can ride a stationary bike and some can't. It sounds crazy and like it would hurt, but I had no problems after 3 weeks.

3. Swimming. As long as you don't push off the walls with your busted foot, it is probably the best possible exercise (injured or not IMO).
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    I broke my foot back on May 6, and this is what my podiatrist recommended (and I was able to work with it). No elliptical work or treadmill/walking. The stationary bike worked quite well though. Any upper body weight lifting and work-outs and abs workouts you wish.
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    So last year I had a bone contusion in my foot that had me in a cam walker up to my knee for 5 months. I didn't do much excersizing during that time.

Last night I tripped on a step and aggravated the injury again! I iced it and wrapped it but it doesn't feel good.

What exercises have worked for all my MFP's when you have a busted foot???

Thanks!

Good lord! Five months off weight bearing for a bone bruise? Why?

Injuries to bone periosteum and stress fracture style injuries are best dealt with in aquatic therapy. Obviously, you need to be in the deeper end initially, to unload the foot as much as possible.
This discussion has been closed.