Most people don't notice

ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
edited September 28 in Success Stories
Most people just stare at me when I tell them I've lost 23 pounds this year. They don't believe me,I don't even bother adding in I lost 5 before Christmas as well.
I think because I was generally around 130 for a few years before gaining almost 10 last year people didn't realize I had gained even more weight. Plus I guess its harder to notice on a smaller framed person.
ANYWAYS.
Heres a before picture of my face at Christmas and one taken last week at my college graduation. I can really tell the difference,can you?

ba.jpg

Replies

• I think when people see you regularly they wouldn't notice a gradual change but if you showed them the before and after pic they would!

Well done!
  • Sure can! Great job!! :bigsmile:
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    When people see you everyday they do tend to not notice as much. My co-worker has told me this on many occasions. A big congrats to you on your weight loss :0)
  • Shantre
    Shantre Posts: 66 Member
    Definitely! You look great!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    I can tell the difference by looking at the picture, but remember that when people see you everyday, they won't be able to "see" the loss (unless you lose really quickly!).
    Usually, in my case, it is people that I have not seen in a few months that will notice the most.

As you said, it also depends on the type of body (smaller frame in your case).
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    I can see the difference - don't be discouraged. Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    thanks so much everyone.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE, BUT SOMETIMES PEOPLE DONT WANT TO SAY THE WRONG THING ALSO. LIKE I HAVE THIS AUNT THAT SHE WAS ALREADY A LITTLE SKINNY & SHE HAD LOST ABOUT 25LBS AND SHE COMPLAINED ON HOW NO NOTICED HER WEIGHT LOSS. AND I TOLD HER SORRY BUT YOU KNOW YOU WERE ALREADY SKINNY. OR YOU HAVE THOSE WHO SAY "YOU LOOK GOOD, DID YOU LOSE WEIGHT" AND THEY WILL SAY "NO, WHY DO YOU THINK I NEED TO". SO SOMETIMES YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT THE PERSON IS TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT, AND IF YOUR FAMILY SEE YOU ON A REGULAR BASIS THEN THEY WILL NOT NOTICE THE CHANGE.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!