Stressed and tired and got the munchies...

Options
So, here's the deal, I was really stressed out (and overtired) last night and I snacked a bit. I logged all day until then and probably ended up around 700 cals more (200 cals over my maintenance) - eeek! But this morning I weighed myself and I went up 2 lbs! So, is it the extra sodium and weight of the food? Does this ever happen to any of you guys? Just feeling a little down about it.

Replies

• DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's water retention. Unless you ate 6000 calories more than you burned off yesterday, it's not fat! It'll be gone in a few days again, if you get back to your regular routine.
  • muzicgurl02
    Options
    you're not alone, the same thing happens to me. I'm no expert, but I think the more sodium you consume the higher your water weight will be.
  • Corachan
    Corachan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza last night, but I put in the correct amount of servings even siding on the side of caution and putting a little bit more. I weighed in this morning a little over a pound heavier. I think it is the extra sodium. I was pretty upset this morning too. I am planning on drinking more water and eating more veggies today instead of fruit. Hang in there. As long as you are overall going in the right direction it will even back out.
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone! It's a combination of the weight of the food and the sodium contained their-in and a little bit to do with the calorie overage. Just drink a lot of water today and eat within your goals and you'll be back down in a couple days!

Also, try to make sure you're eating enough and often enough throughout the day... if you're getting over-tired by the end of the day you may not be getting enough nutrients! :) As far as the stress, it's a part of life and you may want to try and find a way to deal with the stress without (ch)eating as a result of it!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    We all do it! Sodium is a culprit, as well as how late you ate (if you typically have 10 hrs to digest and only gave yourself 5 or 6 between eating annd waking up to weigh). Lots of water, throw in an extra workout if youd like, and just FORGIVE YOURSELF and get back on track!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    You have to eat 3500 calories over your maintainence level of calories to gain 1 pound. so you would have had to eat 7000 calories PLUS your maintainence (probably somewhere around 1800 I am guessing) to gain those two pounds.

Its just water.
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! Yeah I'm a mother of two and my baby is 10 mos old but still has a feeding at night, so I haven't gotten a full nights sleep in a looooong time! (pregnancy is never a piece of cake either, lol) So, I try but if i stay up at night at all, I end up paying for it later! Thank you again!

@Heatherbelle_87 - thnx! good point about having less time to digest from when I last ate, why didn't I think of that! And yes I will be drinking up on the water and working out. You obviously are a pro at this, with your 62 lbs lost! TY ;)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! Yeah I'm a mother of two and my baby is 10 mos old but still has a feeding at night, so I haven't gotten a full nights sleep in a looooong time! (pregnancy is never a piece of cake either, lol) So, I try but if i stay up at night at all, I end up paying for it later! Thank you again!

@Heatherbelle_87 - thnx! good point about having less time to digest from when I last ate, why didn't I think of that! And yes I will be drinking up on the water and working out. You obviously are a pro at this, with your 62 lbs lost! TY ;)

Thank you! :blushing: Not a pro but we all learn as we go :) and definently learn what seems to effect our own bodies and those of our fellow MFPs. I definently dont miss midnight feedings! those can zap everything out of you on a rough night too
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think of all the days I am UNDER my full allowed calories and then the very occasional extra bites with the higher sodium that all has to balance out in the long run!
    Don't worry :o)