Trying to Loose Weight AND Conceive...

Options
2»

Replies

• cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new here and would love some friends that are trying to get pregnant during their weight loss journey (of course any supportive friends are welcome).

I have a one year old after 10 years of trying and I am hoping that #2 is not too far off. I know that safely loosing weight will help me with everything.

:flowerforyou:
    This is a topic I dont believe anyone here is capable of answering. You will find a lot of great support, but this really is something you need to talk about with your OBGYN. Good luck

From the way I read it - She was looking for people in the same situation....There are many on MFP...
  • sunflowermom2
    Options
    I am TTC and trying to lose weight also. I have PCOS to go along with it. Feel free to add me.
  • ARighteousWoman
    Options
    I totally understand where you are....I too am in the same place... so, let's stay encouraged, get healthy, sit back and watch what happens... :)
  • VannessaKss
    Options
    well i really hope you reach your goal :) welcome
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am not currently trying to conceive (my son is 11months and he's all I can handle right now lol), but I was trying to lose weight while I was trying for him. My hubs and I read that having a BMI of 25 or less was optimal when trying to conceive and the second I got there I got pregnant! So feel free to add me for support, I've been there before! Now I've just barely lost the weight I gained with him and picking up where I left off before I got pregnant to get to my ultimate goal weight! Good luck (with both ventures, of course)!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    We are about to start that journey again also - hoping by losing weight (both of us) and getting into shape we'll have an easier time. I'm sending a freind request ----
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    check out FIT FOR FUTURE FAMILIES
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    My son is 2.5 and we are trying to conceive since his birth soo badly. We were trying naturally for 2 years , nothing, then we had 4 round of infertility treatment, all failed :(

I have a BMI of 33, and I think that being obese may have contributed to our failure. I decided that it's enough , I can not take the pressure anymore. So we stop trying with medical help , at least for now, and focusing on me and my health and weightloss.

We are definitely not going to use any protection, and it happens naturally that would be a miracle. In any case, I gave myself a good half year to get into at least the overweight category (BMII<30) , but preferably reach the healthy range, before process any further.
    Trying with medical help is super stressful, and I can not take it anymore until I fill good about myself again = fit and healthy.

Conceiving actually easier when you have less fat, as the fat storage produce estrogen and if you have too much fat, your hormones may be off to. I know quite a few women, who were trying for years without success, and then they lost the weight they get preggo very fast. I am really hoping for that to happen to me, and not to see a fertility clinic ever again.
  • edidoods
    edidoods Posts: 1
    Options
    I am fairly new here and would love some friends that are trying to get pregnant during their weight loss journey (of course any supportive friends are welcome).

I have a one year old after 10 years of trying and I am hoping that #2 is not too far off. I know that safely loosing weight will help me with everything.

:flowerforyou:

Hello, I'm fairly new to this too.. Same thing for me and my hubby - trying to conceive (we don't have any kids yet and almost 2 years married). Plus, I have PCOS, which makes it harder for me to shed off some weight. The best of luck to us both! :blushing:
  • Dskwon
    Dskwon Posts: 17
    Options
    No need to be sorry Suzanne. Clearly we aren't all as perfect as Dskwon. ;-)

Nobody is as perfect as Dskwon.
  • snowlion14
    Options
    Dear Suzzane and everyone who need to lose weight fast, check out the deal on :Kijiji Daily Deals" $49 for 3 Bottles of Raspberry Ketone Weight Loss Supplement from Raspberry Ketone Extreme ($210 Value) - Includes Taxes and Shipping.

Hope that will help, good luck