BMI says "NO LONGER OBESE!" :)

Options
mikeeats
mikeeats Posts: 23 Member
I haven't updated my weight yet on MFP as I do this once a week on Mondays, but weigh myself daily to see if I'm on track to hit my numbers and much to my surprise I was one pound under the obese category on the BMI calculator. Now find myself in the "overweight" category. "What?" That's not flattering... My weight goal will still have me in the overweight category but will make me one happy person for when I achieve that goal and one fast rider. I'm already noticing the difference in the saddle on my intervals, which as competitive as I am makes me sooo happy... Isn't that what it is all about? Happy Friday everyone!

Replies

• mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    Same here! High five and keep it up!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Way to go Mike...I agree with you, I was so happy when I recently became overweight. Thin people would never understand that comment. I have also noticed a difference in my rides, gearing up for the 102.6 mile Hotter N Hell in August and plan on being healthy by that time. Good luck to you!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I remember when I went from obese to overweight. It was a huge victory for me too!

Congrats on the great hard work. You're one stop away from healthy!
  • Hicksbc
    Hicksbc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That is great news! Keep it up and it will continue
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    UGH! Im 3 pounds from that overweight category! Can't weight to get there haha.
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Knuckle Pound....NICE JOb!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Thats so great.. I'm 2.2 lbs away from getting into the healthy bracket.. its a great feelig congrats
  • netgirl224
    netgirl224 Posts: 64
    Options
    AWESOME - Congrats! :D
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Awesome job! I am in the overweight category - finally! But I like to refer to myself as "Pleasantly plump" for now...LOL! Congrats!!! :wink:
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    Rock on!!!! Great feeling - congrats!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    well done you!
    My friend literally cried in joy when her Wii told her off for being 'overweight' , as it meant she was no longer obese! lol
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This was me today as well. Good job!
  • jeffwalsh
    jeffwalsh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mine did too! 29.8! My goal weight will still have me in the overweight category, but I've been obese my entire life. I'm so pumped for all of us right now! I'm 220lbs and only have 25lbs left to go. That's nothing when you've lost 66lbs already :D
  • scouter318
    scouter318 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Look at everyone getting fitter every day!

Great job -- keep it up!

And feel free to add me for some extra support!
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You must be so pleased!

I'm six pounds from normal... well, I'll never be normal, lol! It does gets exciting when you're single digits away from your goal, no matter what bracket that's in. :bigsmile:
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! I'm less than two pounds away from just being overweight, so I know how happy you must be!
  • getyupcowgirl
    Options
    So funny! I thought I was the only one that obsessed over that stupid BMI! I'm in the overweight weight bracket and I seriously just want to be healthy! Good luck!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I am in the overweight category - finally! But I like to refer to myself as "Pleasantly plump" for now...LOL! Congrats!!! :wink:

LOL Awesome! :)
  • notsochunkeymonkey
    Options
    Great!

I hope to get there very soon!