Ever notice the nervous habits of others?

Options
I do and the one that drives me crazy is when people play with change in their pockets.

Also some people I know always have their hands up by their face when they are talking, makes it difficult to understand what they are saying.

I'm sure I have some of these that drive others crazy too.

What are yours?

Replies

• vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Tapping!!!! I dont know if its a nervous habit but its a bad habit! Playing drums with a pencil on your desk or playing the "desk Bongo" with your hands drives me insane!!!! This guy at work does it everyday I finally told him to stop and he did lol its soooo annoying!
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    I hate when people pick at their hands!!!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I hate when people notice my nervous habits. I am nervous for a reason and if you pick up on it it make it worse.
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    Had a history prof years ago who would say 'ehhhh - so' it seemed like every few sentences. I think it was a mental hitch that carried him to the next bit for his lecture. Nicest guy ever, but by the end of the term it was driving me batty.

I'd find it sprinkled in my notes constantly. Sometimes ALOT, as I tried to capture it every time he said it.

Generally, I try not to pick at peoples nervous habits or ticks (I know I have a few of my own), but that was definitely a captive audience one. You couldn't avoid it. Had to be there to take notes. And as you were listening and writing things down... wait for it... wait for it...

'Ehhhh - so...'

Annoying and comical at the same time.
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    YES! My boss jingles the change in his pockets and he must have like $50.00 in each pocket in change! lol! It makes me CRRRRAZY!!!!!!!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i will start playing with my hair, wiping my eyes and mouth and adjusting my clothes.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    I sometimes play with my hair too or a bracelet I am wearing.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    i will start playing with my hair, wiping my eyes and mouth and adjusting my clothes.
    Adjusting my clothes is something I do often....I know others notice.