Stronger, Better, Faster, Kick-off...Oct 7

Options
Welcome to all! For those that missed yesterday, or would like to join us, get your goals ready! We post everyday with our fitness achievements and other drama going on in our life - generally under the title SBF and the date. For example, here's mine:

Did my two yoga classes yesterday. My teacher got off jury duty early, so I only taught one class. I also rode my bike to yoga and went for a short walk.

Ok, how brain damaged is this: I reached 150.6 today (yeah!) but was afraid to tell you guys because I felt I might jinx it. Superstitious about weight loss? Intuitive Eating says to throw away the scale and accept your body. The first part is hard for me, but I've never hated my body. Seeing the dietician a week from tomorrow, so will update then. I'm almost finished with the book - so far, so good. Eat when hungry. Stop when satisfied. Radical.

Happy Workouts all!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all! For those that missed yesterday, or would like to join us, get your goals ready! We post everyday with our fitness achievements and other drama going on in our life - generally under the title SBF and the date. For example, here's mine:

Did my two yoga classes yesterday. My teacher got off jury duty early, so I only taught one class. I also rode my bike to yoga and went for a short walk.

Ok, how brain damaged is this: I reached 150.6 today (yeah!) but was afraid to tell you guys because I felt I might jinx it. Superstitious about weight loss? Intuitive Eating says to throw away the scale and accept your body. The first part is hard for me, but I've never hated my body. Seeing the dietician a week from tomorrow, so will update then. I'm almost finished with the book - so far, so good. Eat when hungry. Stop when satisfied. Radical.

Happy Workouts all!

Mary
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Way to go Mary! I hope the loss continues for you! Mine continues to stay the same no matter what. I am, at this point, too afraid to get off counting because when I do I don't want to stop eating. I decided that having a chocolate bar in the freezer for desserts is still too difficult for me to stay away from. I had two little blocks last night instead of one. My excuse: this day deserves two. Yeah, not good. So sweets have to stay out.
    I just got back from a 45 minute walk and now it's time for Shred. Kind of dreading it but I know it will be good for me. It doesn't take that long anyway. Other than that we have two therapists coming by today, one at noon and one at 5:30. This all ends November 18th, my son's 3rd birthday. In a lot of ways I can't wait for the visits to be over but then I might lose motivation to keep my house clean! :laugh:
    Alright I need to finish working out before I lose motivation and run out of time! Have an awesome day!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Ended up skipping the gym last night. So, that makes Monday my day off this week, I guess.

I'm just about to drag my butt to the gym for the first time since last Wednesday. Blurgh. I'm aiming to do upper body weights, and the elliptical for 30 minutes. I'll report back to let you know how I did.

The whole thing of "reward" food is addressed in Intuitive Eating (which is rapidly becoming my favorite book) I'm finding it an interesting experience to remove "good/bad" baggage from food. Also very powerful is the idea that food is available, and nothing is a "once in a lifetime" eating experience. (or at least that sort of thing is very, very rare) We'll see if I'm able to translate that into maintaining.

The hardest thing for me in the book so far is accepting your body as it optimally should be. What if what is best/healthiest for me is larger than I want to be? What if my genetic code is wired to be something that's difficult to accept. . .ah. . .there's the hardest part of the concept for me. Being the healthiest me. . .versus being some idealized version of me.

Let's take care of ourselves today. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I might have to pick up this book you guys keep refering to...sounds interesting.

For today, I think I'm just going to mow the lawn (if I can get the darn mower started for once) if not I'll do P90x. I just need to keep in check with my water and my calories.

Back to work! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. . .

I expected to feel super-energetic after so many days off. . .but, instead I sort of felt like I'd never worked out before in my life. But, I was able to do it, and do feel a little better now that it's over.

:flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Viv- I'm with you. How can a few days off make it seem like starting from scratch? I managed to get in 5 miles before giving up on my run. Not bad, but I felt like I should do more.

Then I binged on chinese for lunch knowing I'm having homemade chicken noodle soup (nice & chunky veggies low cal) for dinner with some fruit. Now I regret ruining my workout with impulse eating. Why do I lose all self-control so easily around food, yet can be sooooo ungodly dedicated to my workouts? NOT FAIR! :laugh:

Have a great day all!
    Arianne :wink:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Oops. Apparently the speech therapist canceled this week's appointment instead of next week's, the one I really wanted to cancel. :laugh: Oh well more time for me.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Yay! I'm excited! I'm getting the glass put in my camaro this afternoon! If you have no idea what I am talking about then look at the pictures on my profile. :bigsmile: I'll have more pictures after the glass is done! I'm super excited!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm excited! I'm getting the glass put in my camaro this afternoon! If you have no idea what I am talking about then look at the pictures on my profile. :bigsmile: I'll have more pictures after the glass is done! I'm super excited!

Hahaha that sounds like me when I drove 2 hrs to pick up my new wheels! THough now they've been sitting in my kitchen waiting for tires and suspension. :blushing:

Have fun! :drinker:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey, you guys. This has been an absolutely horrible week for me on many fronts, and I am just not in the right frame of mind to set my goals - I am just trying to get through! I am going to try and run some of my frustration out on the treadmill at work RIGHT NOW, and hopefully things will settle down and I can get some more personal time set aside later this week. I don't want to write off the whole week, so I will try to get workouts in when I can - but I am not holding myself to any particularly goals right now. Too much stress at work and at home. :cry:

Hope you all are doing well! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Yay, the glass is in my car! Yipee!

CP, I'm sorry you are having a rough week. We're here for you if you need to vent. Just come up with your goals as you can and remember that exercise helps get rid of stress! I'll pray for you!