The secret is...

Options
...there is no secret!

Diet + exercise = a healthier you (bonus: weight loss). You can't diet and remain inactive and you can't exercise while still eating whatever whenever.

This is something I'm sure all of us already know, but it's nice to have that "epiphany" once in a while :smile: Best of luck in your journey towards being the best version of yourself!!!

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You kind of can diet and still drop it you are not going to be fit but you will be as skinny as you want. :S and I have exercised while eating unhealthy and lost weight. You just have to do a lot of exercise. The easiest way is to do both, yes.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    ...there is no secret!

Diet + exercise = a healthier you (bonus: weight loss). You can't diet and remain inactive and you can't exercise while still eating whatever whenever.

This is something I'm sure all of us already know, but it's nice to have that "epiphany" once in a while :smile: Best of luck in your journey towards being the best version of yourself!!!

Thank you for the reminder !!! I 100% agree
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    ...there is no secret!

I agree -
    And a little help from the weight loss doctor/nutritionist to diagnose and confirm if I was not taking enough meds.... I wasn't and now I am and the rest is history....

Go for it!!!
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @Chantal: I think you kind of missed the point of her post. Yes, you can lose weight with only one of the two. Her point was that losing the weight should be the bonus. In order to get healthier, you need both.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I agree. Although if friends ask, I will tell them my secret is MFP because everyone here is so supportive and offers such great advice that it makes it easier to stick to the healthy eating & exercise!
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yup! Simple as that. Who would have thought?:glasses: