Office Workers

Options
suzieduh
suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
Hey all,

I started using MFP back in January and lost 7lbs... then I changed job role from being on my feet all day to working in the office and have put it all back on an an extra 14lbs :S does anyone have advice on how to lose weight while sitting at a desk all day?

Susan (London)

Replies

• SunnyDispo619
    Options
    I try to get up and walk every hour (just around the office), and/or go for a walk for lunch or part of my lunch. Stand up and stretch for a few minutes - it's not much, but gets the blood moving a little bit at least. It's difficult having a mostly sitting job. Good luck!
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Drink lots and lots of water!

Plus I wake up early and come work out in the mornings. (we have a full gym at my work)
  • manorexicmarshmallow
    manorexicmarshmallow Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    make healthy swaps in your normal meals and snacks to cut down calories while still maintaining your satisfaction with your food choices.
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You could take a walk on your lunch. Also if you have more than one floor you could skip the elevator and take the stairs.
    The company I worked for had a exercise room and also had walking groups that walked at lunch time. You didn't give any info as to how large the company is you work for.
    If these options are do-able there is always after work to work out.
    Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Make sure you adjust your settings so you're sedentary now. I know I burn 400 calories more per day if I'm on my feet.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have an office job and I never sit still. I'm always spinning a little bit in my chair from side to side and fidgeting a little. I also get up and walk around throughout the day and sometimes I stand and do my work instead of sitting. Remember to stretch a few times throughout the day too; it really helps.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I work 12hours as a 9-1-1 Telecommunicator. We are lucky that we can raise our console and stand some. We do not get set breaks (we eat while we work, fun fun lol.) Since changing my lifestyle, I try to stand a lot more. On my bathroom breaks I will walk downstairs (about 15 steps) so that I can accomplish something. Also, on the weekends I bring my sneakers and do 5 min increments on the treadmill...since the bosses are away (shhhh, don't tell lol)