Fussy eaters - Fruit and veg

Soziberry
Soziberry Posts: 115
edited 12:07AM in Food and Nutrition
Since starting my weightloss journey I have become addicted. If I don't have at least a third of my meal being veg and some fruit daily I feel bloated. Yet I chat to dieters who won't touch it.
If you know something is low in calories and can help you fill up, why not eat it? Surely it's about training yourself to eat better, so why not start with a bit of lettuce and an apple?

Replies

• Floricienta
    Floricienta Posts: 209
    I've recently become addicted to cabbage :happy:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    I agree with you so much. Fruits and veggies are delicious, healthy, and a wonderful source of nutrients. I just try to eat what I know is right and set a good example for my friends.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Not too mention (especially here in Texas) its just too hot to eat hot food sometimes---nothing even tastes good except lettuce, crunchy cucumbers, sweet watermelon, and juicy tomatoes.

I don't get it either...
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    I hate veggies. But I love fruit. I just can't stomach veggies - I have tried many times. I don't understand why vegetarians/vegans can cut out a whole food group and be healthy and if I cut out 1/2 a food group people think I am crazy.
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Some people don't like em. That, and they go bad fairly quickly. I love fruit or a couple days, then I just forget about it as an option.
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Going through a few diaries here and seeing a pattern. You get the hard core organic ' body is a temple' person and the junk food diet as long as it's within calories. Nobody is perfect but wouldn't it be better to balance? It's ok to have your preferences but your body needs fat and a little sugar plus some healthy food. Surely when you get your new body, you want to look after it so your skin and hair look amazing too? Don't shoot me, just an opinion as you are welcome to yours.
This discussion has been closed.