Need a buddy...preferably a mom like me

Options
I am in my early forties and have a 3 year old and an almost 5 year old.
Lost 13 pounds so far, but have about 45 to go.
I gained most of it afteri I moved to the south from the north.
I am a former aerobics instructor and fitness trainer so I have no excuses!
Anyone out there like me?

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! There are lots of mommies here! My kids are older, 17 and 13. You will find lots of support and motivation here.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and an almost 5 year old. I live in the Northwest, but have lived in Colorado and Greece and packed on the weight with the moves AND while pregnant. I've lost 35 pounds in the last year and I'm hoping to lose up to ten more...or at least tone what I have! Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • shellyb1229
    shellyb1229 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. I am a mother to a 3 yr old and 6 yrd. old as well. This is a great place for motivation, recipes, someone to talk to without judging.
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Fellow Mom here. I'm 33 and have 4 daughters - 15, 13, 7 and 4. Please add me as a friend! I could use more "Mom's like me!" We can support each other in our journey. My goal is 65 pounds. I'm 3 pounds down. Long road ahead!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 2 kids also, a 19 month old and a 4 and 1/2 year old. I have finally lost the extra 25 lbs and am still working on toning up, but I am in a really good spot now! It is posible!
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    I have a 2, 7 and 9 year old. My husband and I just moved from Ohio to Texas. I've just begun here at MFP and my goal is 30 lbs. Definitely friend me.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi I just turned 46, I'm a mother of 2 boys (teenager and 1 in college), and I'm also a former Curves for Women coach:) When I quit there, I stopped working out (bad move) and packed back on the pounds that I had lost. Add me if you like....be glad to help support you:)
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Im a mummy to 3 aged 1, 2 and 4
  • EmilyDezo
    EmilyDezo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey I am a mom of a 3 1/2 year old boy and 9 month old boy. You can friend me if you'd like. I have lost 14lbs and have about 71 left to get to my goal weight. Good luck with your journey.
    Emily
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I am a mom to 4. I still have about 37lbs to go to get to my first goal. I too gained a good amount of this weight in the 2 years after we moved from NY to FL.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to a 2 year old. Welcome!
  • ryandylan
    ryandylan Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi...sent you a friend request..I have 2 little boys...they will be 2 & 4 in July. i'm trying to lose 30 pounds.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see Mommy's in my age range with young children too. Mine will all three switch ages in Sept and Oct. They are now 6, 4, & 2.
    I am 40 and hope to have at least 75% of this weight off by My birthday in January. :)
    Welcome!!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!
    I'm 36 as of 2 weeks ago, and I have a now 6 y/o and a 3 1/2 y/o.
    Will gladly support you. =)
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    hey, im a mommy too :smile: I have 2 year old daughter and I live in Texas :smile:
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Hi I am a mother 0f 3 girls ages 20,14 and 1 1/2....welcome to MFP!
  • tawnydale
    tawnydale Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi, we're help to support you, add me! I'm a mom, work full time, go to school full time, and am very active w/ my kids' sports. I have a 15 yr old and a 12yr. Boy and girl, they play football, baseball, wrestling, basketball, softball and volleyball! Plus we do other actvities w/ our community! Glad to know ya! ITs my 5th day of logging in and I love it so far.
  • catron1
    catron1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi my name is cathy im a mum and a gran just joined this week
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to send you a friend request. I'm a mom of 2 girls and 3 boys (ages 8, 6, 5, 3, and 1) and having the support of other moms is invaluable.

Any other moms who would like to add me, please do!
  • silverbullkitty
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I joined mfp at the beginning of the month, and so far I'm down 8 pounds and have 95 more that I need to lose.

I turn 30 next month, I'm married, and a work-from-home mother of 2 boys... ages 6 and 4.

I was a dancer all my life, until I got married 10 years ago.... so, like you, I have no excuses either. After I got married, I gave that lifestyle up, along with much of any physical activity, due to working behind a desk 6 days/week at a bank.

Anyways, I am here to take back my life and get to that weight/size again! Feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like. I would be honored to be on the journey with you!