Pizza???? Help!!!!

Options
♥Faerie♥
♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
My work is having pizza today, and I am soooooooo hungry!!!! Is having one piece of a supreme pizza hut slice that bad? I would normally have eaten 2 slices, but just looked up the calories! Ugh!!!! :noway: Don't the veggies on it count for something??? Or should I just diss them and go home for lunch, where I would have a peanut butter sandwich on wheat and an apple?

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    My work is having pizza today, and I am soooooooo hungry!!!! Is having one piece of a supreme pizza hut slice that bad? I would normally have eaten 2 slices, but just looked up the calories! Ugh!!!! :noway: Don't the veggies on it count for something??? Or should I just diss them and go home for lunch, where I would have a peanut butter sandwich on wheat and an apple?
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Go home sweetie, or plan on working out hard for an hour. And actually fulfill that plan!

Actually......visualize that slice of pizza sitting on your right hip....because you know that's where that sucker will end up!!

:flowerforyou: Be strong!
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One piece won't kill you. But just make sure it's worth it. If you'll beat yourself up about it the rest of the day I'd say it's not worth it. Be strong! :bigsmile:
    If you decide to have some...that's ok too...just do extra workouts tonight.
    I can usually talk myself out of the really bad stuff when I realize one piece of pizza is about 2 minutes of enjoyements and equivaline to an extra hour of working out.

Good luck!
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I cannot spell when typing fast :)
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    My fear with blowing it off would be eating and eating and eating because what you really wanted was pizza. It WOULD be better for you to go home and eat your sandwich and apple, but will you think about the pizza all day, or will you be satisfied with your lunch? I have a problem with not eating what I want, because I tend to do worse and eat everything under the sun just because I really wanted that piece of pizza, or cookie, or bag of chips. I think if you add it into your plan, you should be okay.
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Opt for Pizza hut salad, instead. I think they serve at all places. Filling and healthy.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Umm... have the pizza already!! JUST ONE>. not TWO or three!! and drink some water! You'll be fine!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Eh... if you have the extra calories in your day go for it, ONE slice. But ACCOUNT FOR IT.

I eat out of the "norm" for special occasions I just always make sure I COUNT IT!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    If you can be satisfied with just one peice and it fits into your day, then I say go for the pizza. If you never let yourself have anything you really like, you'll end up binging on it at some point. on the other hand if you're like me, and you know that you won't be happy with just one slice, then skip the pizza lunch and fix a healthy, HOMEMADE pizza for supper, to satisfy that craving.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Yeah ... I think you should have ONE piece of pizza. And blot the lakes of grease off of it! Then savor each bite, log it, work around it the rest of the day, and remind yourself that you can have what you want, just not all the time and not in mass quantities.
  • bugs_mom
    Options
    pizza hut is one of my weaknesses. i usually have it once every 2 weeks or so. i don't think one slice is going to bust your plan. you have to weigh the pros and cons here though. if you eat the pizza are you going to beat yourself up over it all day? if you pass on the pizza are you going to eat lunch and then snack for the rest of the day because your craving for pizza went unfofilled? it's your call but if it were me, i'd eat the pizza :happy:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    It is great to have such quick and wonderful responses to these hard choices! It is so hard to not have the pizza, although the option of the salad is a good idea, the problem is we are not going there, one of our vendors is providing the pizza for us. I also believe it would be an easier choice if it were just about the food. There is also the guilt factor of everyone saying "Your not eating?? You don't want any pizza??? Why don't you have some pizza??? And on and on and on! Thank you guys so much for the positive answers!
  • EALNG
    EALNG Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think one slice wouldn't hurt you, I would stick with cheese though. Make sure it's a small one and have some fruit and water with it. BUt like the other lady said ACCOUNT for it. If your work doesn't have it that often i think you'll be fine, my work has it EVERY thursday. Hope that helps.
  • nursedebra2000
    Options
    I know your pain - last night, I was in the same situation - I opted for my own homemade pizza which tastes just as good and equates to a larger portion than one slice, has less carbs, and satisfied my craving for pizza. That one pice can set you up for failure if you are a carb junkie! DO NOT EAT IT!!! eat this instead:
    Whole Grain pita - cut in half
    Sauce - pizza or spagetti - on each half of pita
    Cheese of choice on top
    Cut up chicken or canned chicken - for more protein and filling!
    Mushrooms - if you like them
    Heat in oven at 400 degrees for about 5-10 minutes!
    Fabulous and filling!
    BE STRONG AND RESIST!!!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    I think I will be strong today and go home, I know I will want more if I have one slice, and then not be satisfied for the rest of the day. If I eat what I had planned on, then that fills me up until I get home. Thanks for all thoughts!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    I know your pain - last night, I was in the same situation - I opted for my own homemade pizza which tastes just as good and equates to a larger portion than one slice, has less carbs, and satisfied my craving for pizza. That one pice can set you up for failure if you are a carb junkie! DO NOT EAT IT!!! eat this instead:
    Whole Grain pita - cut in half
    Sauce - pizza or spagetti - on each half of pita
    Cheese of choice on top
    Cut up chicken or canned chicken - for more protein and filling!
    Mushrooms - if you like them
    Heat in oven at 400 degrees for about 5-10 minutes!
    Fabulous and filling!
    BE STRONG AND RESIST!!!

Wow, great recipe, I will have to try that!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    If pizza is what you crave have the one piece - you can take some of the meats off to lessen the fat. Dot the top with a napkin before you eat to soak up some of the extra grease.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i know the feel people, my work place at work likesto have pot lucks,i do not have the option o fleaving though, so i stick it out and eat what i brought.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Go home sweetie, or plan on working out hard for an hour. And actually fulfill that plan!

Actually......visualize that slice of pizza sitting on your right hip....because you know that's where that sucker will end up!!

:flowerforyou: Be strong!

I almost cried when I read what your avatar said. That's beautiful!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    oh for pete's sake-- have the pizza!! What? We're never gonna enjoy a slice of pizza? Sheesh-- this is lifestyle change-- I know I'm not going to elimininate pizza from my lifestyle. But, I'll enjoy it when I have it, in moderation.