Chest infection :(

Options
Just been to see my doctor after a week of a rotten cold, I've now got a chest infection - he wants me to stay at home for a couple of days until I get over the worst, told me to rest as much as possible!

So, I am now at home until Friday, what the heck am I gonna do to occupy my time??
Knitting - already do
Watch films - nothing on TV and I've seen all of mine
Needlepoint - can't be bothered
Sleep - wish I could
Eat - hmmm, tempting , but NO ! I cant blow it all now!

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Just been to see my doctor after a week of a rotten cold, I've now got a chest infection - he wants me to stay at home for a couple of days until I get over the worst, told me to rest as much as possible!

So, I am now at home until Friday, what the heck am I gonna do to occupy my time??
    Knitting - already do
    Watch films - nothing on TV and I've seen all of mine
    Needlepoint - can't be bothered
    Sleep - wish I could
    Eat - hmmm, tempting , but NO ! I cant blow it all now!
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

i like to spend time getting creative like drawing, scrapbooking, adding personal touches to clothes, making gretting cards or pom poms for the young kids in the family, take pictures of natural beauty in your surrounding area... i would also use the time to write to people and catch up on how they are doing...other things like baking bread/muffins/cakes/cookies for friends and family...the idea is to learn to find pleasure in food but in a way that is controlled and healthy for you...if that makes sense.

not sure of anything else...but hope these thoughts help a little

skiski xxx
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Have someone bring you some rental movies - or bad TV could put you to sleep.

Hope you feel better soon
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Get plenty of rest! I'm so you are aware that we diabetics heal slowly and something like a "cold" with us could become very serious if we don't allow ourselves time to heal. So, rest up, eat healthy, make you hubby and kids wait on you!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Get plenty of rest! I'm so you are aware that we diabetics heal slowly and something like a "cold" with us could become very serious if we don't allow ourselves time to heal. So, rest up, eat healthy, make you hubby and kids wait on you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hubby & kids wait on me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that'd be the day!
    But thanks for making me laugh :happy:
    I've just been looking at the lineup of TV today - cripes, didn't realise day time TV was soooo boring - the adverts are more enjoyable - and that's saying something!

I've decided to use my time more productively, and start knitting hat & scarf sets for my neices & nephews kiddies in Newcastle (close to the border of Scotland. It gets bitterly cold up there at Xmas time, so I thoguht I'd do something constructive for them:bigsmile: