So Much Trouble!!

Options
I am having SO much trouble controlling my weight!
I tell my brain NO MORE FOOD, then it's like a subconscious part of my mind just ignores me and goes to the fridge, finds something awful and before I've realised it it's ALL in my stomach!!

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    The first thing you have to do is get all the "awful" stuff out of your house and stop buying it...your brain will reprogram once it knows the junk isn't in the house any longer.
  • beastlye
    beastlye Posts: 37
    Options
    You're recognizing it, which is a crucial step! We all have those moments too, don't worry. I find that I'm more successful when I don't beat myself up about it and say positive things about myself and what I'm going to change. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here! Best wishes--
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I agree - I was like that too so I literally just had to stop buying anything remotely unhealthy. Don't even buy those 100 calorie things. Have oatmeal, fruits and veggies, yogurt, etc. Once you get used to that stuff, you can allow yourself a treat once a week so you don't go crazy.
  • asbroe1
    asbroe1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I wish I could get the stuff out of my house - but I'm staying with a family (not my own) in a foreign country, so it's just full of all this tempting, awful food. Some days are good, some days, like today.... bad! Thanks for the support
  • DeviantLia
    Options
    It's true. If the junk is in your house, you are apt to eat it, even if you tell yourself not to. I know I cave and eat what I shouldn't when it is in my vicinity. If it isn't there, then there is no problem.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I wish I could get the stuff out of my house - but I'm staying with a family (not my own) in a foreign country, so it's just full of all this tempting, awful food. Some days are good, some days, like today.... bad! Thanks for the support

I am guessing you are a foreign exchange student TO the US. All 13 of ours gained a ton of weight here. Do ou have an allowance that you can purchase good stuff for yourself??? otherwise--EXERCISE>>>EXERCISE>>>EXERCISE when to mood to eat hits...

Good Luck
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    your not alone dont beat yourself up just plan your snacking and stick to fruits and healthy choices, if you dont buy those "awful foods" you cant eat them :/

how often do you workout? if you must snack be sure to workout MORE to earn those additional calories.

keep in mind this is a lifestyle change so take it one day at a time and make yourself accountable for those slip ups, try to make them few and far between believe me it does get easier.
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    While I know it's hard the reality is it's your body, your brain and your decision. Self control and the determination to choose wisely is all you need.
  • asbroe1
    asbroe1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm actually in France, but yes, I'm an exchange student, and this diet has made me gain a LOT of weight in a short period of time.
    I was working out 4-5 times a week, but things have been a little dishevelled lately, because I'm in the middle of moving families. All I can say is I hope my new family has healthy food in the house!!
  • justsravya
    Options
    Don't tell your brain "No more food" instead say "eat healthy" it is called as 'Law of attraction' google it and know more about it. also use Vision boards, IT HELPS
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    wow FRANCE- yep you picked a tough food country- good luck with the new family and hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and HOPING for fresh veggies

Bonne chance à vous avec votre perte de poids:flowerforyou: