post partum baby fat......

allybabes
allybabes Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
:cry:
I am a new mommy to a beautiful baby girl. But the belly I am left with isn't so beautiful. I need to kick butt and get back into shape! hopeully this site can help me!
Ive got it all, big hips, saggy belly, huge thighs.... but I have hope! :wink:

98382.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• :cry:
    I am a new mommy to a beautiful baby girl. But the belly I am left with isn't so beautiful. I need to kick butt and get back into shape! hopeully this site can help me!
    Ive got it all, big hips, saggy belly, huge thighs.... but I have hope! :wink:

98382.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    You can so do it! Good job for starting so soon. My son just turned 2 and I was wondering why I still had that extra 15 or so pounds on me! DUHHHH - I was still eating whatever I wanted and sitting on the couch! This website rocks - stick to it!

Congrats on your little girl!
  • busybee
    busybee Posts: 12
    There is hope, don't worry! I gained 60 lbs while I was pregnant (gross!). To be honest it took me about 18 months to lose it. The weight I am working on now is weight I gained before I got pregnant. For me, gaining all that weight so fast left me a belly that will never be the same, not without getting the extra skin removed. But I know tons of moms who gained alot and look better now then ever! Do a little research, there are tons of exercises you can do with baby. Take care and good luck!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Congrats!

Also, don't forget to give your body time to heal. It's been through a tramatic time, but wonderful!
    Make sure you check with your doctor before you start working out, to make sure it's okay (typically it's between 4-6 weeks).
    Don't be too hard on yourself though as you start. You body is readjusting to not being pregnant (hormones, uterus shrinking, etc).

Good luck!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    You've got it all, alright.

Beautiful baby.
    Great life ahead.

A new determination to make changes.

If you change your mind set on food, eating healthier, your baby will benefit from this also.

You can do IT!!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Oh yeah, and WELCOME!
    0002028C.gif
This discussion has been closed.