Newby!

Options
Hi,

I am new to the site, I have been using my fitness pal for 2 weeks now and I think it is fab! i seem to always go over on my protein intake for the day though! :embarassed:

Replies

• olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    Does that mean you are going over your calories also, or just protein? Protein is actually the better one to go over if you do end going over one of the macro nutrients.
  • mummy29
    mummy29 Posts: 4
    Options
    yeah just protein! i am always under my calorie target for the day
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    How do you go over your protein? Many of us here on MFP are struggling just to get up to our protein amount.
  • mummy29
    Options
    I am not sure really, I eat alot of chicken!! I have a bowl of soup everyday aswell which seems to have a lot of protein in.
  • sue567
    sue567 Posts: 128
    Options
    oh it happens with me too ALL the time.. thats allright as long as ur under your daily calorie count..
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you've left your macros at MFP's original settings, it's no wonder you are going over, it sets protein really low. I changed my ratio of protein/carbs/fats to 40/30/30 and now I stay a lot closer to my goals (although I hardly ever get it all in perfect balance.. it's more like a guideline than an actual rule, LOL).
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    How do you go over your protein? Many of us here on MFP are struggling just to get up to our protein amount.
    I go over on protein too. Greek yogurt, kashi cereals, protein bars, protein shakes...
  • mummy29
    Options
    I have just changed my protein allowance! :smile: