Feeling absolutely exhausted the past two days?

Options
I dont know why...but I feel like I could sleep for a month! I usually get super amped after a workout..not the case the past two days. I had a hard time waking up this morning. I've been trying to eat natural energizers like carrots...but its not helping. Any suggestions? Taking a nap is out of the question..my 3 under 5 would never allow for it.

Replies

• bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein in your diet? And are you eating/drinking anything post-workout??
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I think everyone goes through cylces like that for no apparant reason. Sometimes, you just need that extra rest/sleep.
  • ninaws
    ninaws Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Have you been eating more sugar/carbs lately?

I've been trying to avoid processed sugar and keep my carbs low for a little while now. Then my dad rolled into town for a visit and I went wild. Cake! Bread! Fried cheese sticks! And I noticed, the day after? I was SO TIRED. Just exhausted down to my bones.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water...could be protein. I could be knowcked over by a feather right now......And i'm craving coffee something fierce
  • cscoggins
    cscoggins Posts: 17
    Options
    I felt like this for the 1st couple of weeks after I started MFP. A friend of mine who lost over 100 lbs exercising and eating right suggested that I stop eating what works for the masses and start listening to MY body. I was avoiding carbs (other than raw fruits and vegetables), and decided to start eating a little more whole grains. HUGE difference! Just a bowl of oatmeal in the morning and a granola bar half-way through the day gives me SO much more energy! Be sure to listen to your body... play around with what it might need, and once you find it- you'll know. :)
    Good luck!
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Have you been eating more sugar/carbs lately?

I've been trying to avoid processed sugar and keep my carbs low for a little while now. Then my dad rolled into town for a visit and I went wild. Cake! Bread! Fried cheese sticks! And I noticed, the day after? I was SO TIRED. Just exhausted down to my bones.

I hadn't thought of this...but yeah..I have been eating more carbs lately. I just found this gluten free brown rice bread and i've started having it with breakfast and sometimes on sandwiches for lunch. That could be the culprit. Before I wasn't eating any bread or pasta due to the gluten intolerance.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    That happened to me a couple of weeks ago and my trainer upped my protein and lowered the amount of cardio/strength training that I do....Not only do I have more energy but I lost over 3 lbs this week! He said I was overworking my body/muscles....he's the expert, so I listened! :flowerforyou:
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Coffee can cause fatigue. Google adrenal fatigue and check it out sometime. Another thought is possible overtraining. Rest days are as important as training days. Good luck!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    In the beginning when I started working out and such... I was always sleepy... I think it's normal cause your body is trying to cope
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    thats what havin 3 under 5's does to you
    I felt like that last week but im fine now!!
    :smile:
  • muddertrucker3
    muddertrucker3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have felt like that the last two days as well. Im not sure why. I have 3 under 4 and Im sure that has something to do with it! Im just never THIS tired...