What are you really scared of?

Options

Replies

• JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree with the whole something happening to my kids thing. I'd be devastated. 2nd and 3rd runners up would be drowning or a fire!
  • kristenh81
    Options
    Clowns and any bee type creature.. I realize their vital to eco-systems and all that jazz. But in my experience, they're the a-holes of the insect kingdom.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Being homeless.
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Loosing my son, loosing my bf which i just did :( and being alone </3
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A knock on the door and the phrase: "Mom says you're my Dad."
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Getting a phone call from a hospital/police regarding any of my family and friends....

AND SPIDERS!! I hate those bastids.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    The dark...ridiculous I know, but I hate it.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    spiders
    whatever the hell that is in MissOutAndAbout's post
    and
    Kevin Bacon
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    A knock on the door and the phrase: "Mom says you're my Dad."

Rofl that would be a shock
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Something happening to one of my kids
    That thing under my bed
    Heights
    Flying insects
    Ghosts and demons
    Driving
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options

whatever the hell that is in MissOutAndAbout's post

right? LMAO!
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Midgets. Don't mean to offend anyone, its an irrational fear. Spiders. Sea weed.
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Not finding my person in life......

:cry:
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of relatively rational fears - anything happening to my kids or anyone else that I love for example. But I have one really irrational fear that people make fun of me for ALL THE TIME...

I am terrified of frogs.

I know...completely irrational. Really, what is a frog going to do to me? Rest assured that there is a place that fear started and it has just gotten bigger and more irrational the older I get. I HATE the damn things. They give me the HeeBeeGeeBees and just generally freak me out...
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    abandonment
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I agree- something happening to my kids.
    and cucarachas... (cockroaches) No one can jump on a table faster than me-guaranteed!!!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    my wife

LOL
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Something happening to my kids.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Rubber animals! Yes, I said rubber animals. I am completely terrified of them, snakes, spiders, roaches, any soft rubber animal. Terrified to the point of full on panic attacks so bad that doctors think I am having a heart attack. (probably because I am).
    I am so afraid of rubber animals that when my daughter was not quite 2 years old I left her in a store alone because she had picked up a rubber fish. I literally let go of her hand and ran out the door. My mom was in the next store over and I went and got her, told her what happened and told her to go find Brandi.
    When I was a kid my dad thought he would break me of it when we were camping one time. He put a rubber fishing worm on everyone's plate every time we ate and said that the only way to get food was to pick the worm up and put it in his bucket. (We could not simply tip the plate over, which I couldn't have done anyways cause I couldn't get close enough to touch the plate.)
    I went the whole week without eating anything. Needless to say, my mom was pissed at my dad! LOL
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I'll refrain from posting the picture *again* as it would be like the third time in a couple months; the thing I'm scared of is house centipedes. On second thought, I'll just go ahead and post it so you can understand my fear:

house-centipede.jpg

See? That's some scary-*kitten* *kitten*, isn't it?

On a more serious, less grotesque fear, I worry about more sensible things like that something might happen to my child that I can't fix or make right in some way. Or, and this is a pretty irrational one, when my hubster and/or child are away from me, I worry that something might happen to either of them. Like death. It's not an overwhelming fear by any means, but it crops up. For whatever stupid reason, I feel if I'm with them then nothing can happen to them. (Yeah, ooookay then!) So totally irrational but there ya go.

I hate, hate , hate those things! I have had several sleepless nights after seeing one of those

I am afraid of spiders too!

Of something happening to my kids and death.

And I'm kinda afraid of mustard, I hate the smell of it and freak out if I get any on me!