Red Elephant. Help!

Options
My brother invited my parents and me to lunch tomorrow and we are going to this restaurant called The Red Elephant. It's been around for a couple years and I haven't been yet. I've searched the data base and even went to their website and could not find anything. Have any of you ever heard of this place or even eaten there? I would love some help!

I looked at the menu and saw this salad designed for me. It's called "Rebeca's Salad." Really. That's my name. :-p It consists of grilled chicken on mixed greens with chopped egg, chopped bacon, red onions, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers and homemade croutons. Sounds good to me, but going to tell them to hold the bacon, red onions, cheese, and croutons. Seem good enough? I have been eating well for a while and I don't want a salad to mess it up. The only downfall is that their salad dressing is all homemade. I don't think I will carry some from my house, but it is an option. Haha. Just kidding.

Your turn.

Replies

• MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    Well girl, you eat so good all the time. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's one night. One meal. I know when I go out to dinner I will usually stick to my old favorites, or whatever sounds good and half it all. Then I get two meals out of it and don't go overboard on calories. If you want that salad, go for it. I say, just enjoy your evening ;-)
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    actually their pizza is thin crust and the one by me has a wheat crust tha tis pretty good. You can order and individual pizza and order one healthier..... If you like pizza. I haven't had their salads but the one you listed sounds yummy..... Stick to what you feel comfortable with and you will do fine. ...
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I think what it all comes down to is learning to live while eating healthy. If you're eating healthy all day, then enjoy yourself, you can add in some extra exercise to allot for extra calories if you want to. One day doesn't mean you've failed at all. Learning to eat out and be smart about it is very important. It sounds like you're already perfectly capable of making healthy choices just by your salad choice. Just go for an Italian or balsamic vinaigrette dressing and you should be fine. :-)