ROM machine

Marjorielk
Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone use those ROM machines ? Advertised in Scientific American. Very expensive i.e. > 14,000 dollars. I wondered if some of the big city gyms have them. Advertised as 4 minutes per day. Just wondering.............

Replies

• sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    I haven't heard of them until now that you mentioned it. But, I googled it, 4 minute workouts, "too good to be true" type thing & the price..... never....... Haven't seen it in any of the gyms around here. I'll stick to my step climber & treadmill. lol.
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    I was out in Los Angeles two years ago, heading out on a cruise, and a friend, my son, and I drove to the ROM factory in North Hollywood to try out, and see the device...The owner of the company was there, and spent an hour, after hours with us. My son, and my friend, were both in good shape at the time, and the machine really kicked their butts. I wasn't in good shape, and it really killed me. While we were there, people would walk in off the street and use the machines. I remember a 58 year old lady, came in with her shopping bag, and made all three of us look like fools. She'd been using the machine for a year, and was in better shape than any of us. If you live near the factory, they let you use the machines for free. Overall, we were impressed. However, none of us had the money to invest in one. I opted, instead, for a rowing machine, as it was the closest thing I could find to it. It uses 85% of the muscles in the body, instead of the 97% I believe they advertise for the ROM. More than likely, if you have the money, and have the space for the machine, you'll be happy with it. If you have the money, and the space, go to LA and try it...
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Thanks. They sound amazing. I wish a gym around here would invest in one. I just can't imagine buying one myself. Maybe if I win the lottery ! :smile:
  • This is an old thread now, and may not apply to any of you anymore, but for what it's worth, I own a fitness club with eight ROM machines in the Colorado Springs area. They really do work, and it is not a gimmick. It's all about the intensity, - you get what you give. It is a mental game, as well as physical. Very fit athletes will get a high level of resistance, and individuals who are less fit get the level that they can handle and then they gradually increase strength and endurance. We have had no injuries on the ROM in six years. If anyone is in the area and would like a demo, please check out www.quickgymcs.com and call for appointment.
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    This is an old thread now, and may not apply to any of you anymore, but for what it's worth, I own a fitness club with eight ROM machines in the Colorado Springs area. They really do work, and it is not a gimmick. It's all about the intensity, - you get what you give. It is a mental game, as well as physical. Very fit athletes will get a high level of resistance, and individuals who are less fit get the level that they can handle and then they gradually increase strength and endurance. We have had no injuries on the ROM in six years. If anyone is in the area and would like a demo, please check out www.quickgymcs.com and call for appointment.

Wish I lived out in your area…I'd come in and do it every day. It was a fantastic workout.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    It's Tabata training on a machine. Tabata works, but shouldn't be your only workout.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
This discussion has been closed.