i need some weight loss challenge ideas!

Options
i promised i would start a weight loss challenge but silly me doesnt have any ideas at all. it can be for teams or individuals and there will be prizes but i just dont have any idea what to do please help!

Replies

• annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    im starting a weight loss challenge with a group of friends (my friends invited their friends, and their friends invited their friends, and now we have 20 people), and everyone pays $25 for the 10weeks, and whoever looses the most percentage, wins all the money--which since its 20people is $500... we meet weekly and weigh in weekly.
  • valerina20
    Options
    I agree..competing with friends and co-workers is a great challenge. If you don't have anyone you can do this with in real life, you can do it through myfitnesspal. It really helps and is great motivation!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    A great challenge diet is the game on diet.... the book costs like twelve dollars... and it makes it work in a way that it can be guys vs girls or husband and wive teams against other ones or whatever you like. cuz it isn't all about weight it is all about healthy lifestyle choices... and I desperately want to do it!
  • jkdodie11
    jkdodie11 Posts: 2
    Options
    I think the first to lose five pounds would be a realistic goal for starters. Prizes? Aromatherapy candles, $10 gift certificate to a local health food store, a free pass for a day to a gym, $10 towards a registration for a 5k challenge. There are many things you could do. A distance challenge such as, 10 to 12 miles on the treadmill in a week, or a calories burned challenge. The person who burns the most calories in a month. Weight loss challenges can leave some people feeling defeated. Sometimes fitness challenges are better, because it takes the focus off of weight loss and puts the focus more on lifestyle changes. You could also do food challenges, like getting 4-6 servings of green leafy veggies, or the non starchy veggies in each day for a month. I hope this helps you with ideas.
    -Julie
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Wow...I like that money incentive! I am on a challenge right now...we are moving into the second week of the challenge, 2nd weigh in...there are 5 teams...that would be a lot of money if each of us contributed $10 each...but we are all over the US, it would be hard to put something like that together. If you are speaking about doing something locally in your area...that would be a great incentive...challenges really motivate people. I know it did for me. This is my third challenge and I've lost a lot of weight doing these challenges. So good luck to you in whatever you decide!