8 oz glass skim milk

LUNCH
4 oz lean broiled chicken breast
1 small portion of tomato salad with diet dressing
1 oat cookie

MID-AFTERNOON SNACK
- rest of the pack of oat cookies
- also giant pack of choc-chip cookies that were on 3 for 2 offer
- large portion of Ben & Jerry's coffee & ginger ice cream (justification - needed to make room in freezer for weight watchers frozen food probably buying tomorrow)

DINNER
2 loaves garlic bread
1 large pepperoni & mushroom pizza
1 large pitcher of beer
3 Milky Way bars
1 entire cheesecake

TV SNACK
Have done so well on first day of diet, deserve a treat
- the other 2 giant packs of choc-chip cookies on the 3 for 2 offer
- mug of hot chocolate to wash them down
- another mug, since I boiled too much milk - don't want to waste!

SCALES WEIGH-IN
What a shock, haven't lost anything - disappointing result when have tried so hard today

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    lmao!!!
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    It's because you didn't have diet coke to cancel out the calories in your high cal meals,hehe
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Hey, that sounds just like every other diet I've tried! :0)

Actually, I'm serious - as soon as I told myself I was 'dieting' I was so hungry constantly that there was no chance of sticking with it. Then I recently read about 'famine brain' in a book, which is basically your head messing you up and telling you that you have to eat, eat, eat!

So this time around, I just started with making small changes gradually and lowering my calories slowly. I started off at Maintenance level for a week, then keep lowering my goals and doing things at my own pace in a way that I can keep up for the long haul. If you're having a hard time sticking with a 'diet' try just eating more veggies for a week - a large portion with every meal - and don't worry too much about anything else. Then try to lower your portions of other things a bit, have less condiments, eat healthier snacks, drink more water, etc. Making small changes slowly will add up and it will make the transition MUCH easier. And slightly more productive than your current plan :0)

Good luck! If ya need friends, add me!
This discussion has been closed.