uh oh

peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
Last week I made a goal to do cardio 5 x's a week for an hour each day. I stuck to this goal I believe 0 times. I stepped on the scale the other day only to find I have gained back every pound that I had lost since having the baby 9 months ago. Alot of you may know my bigtime goal is to fit back into my prepregnancy clothes before Dec, which is when my maternity leave is over. So new goal is cardio 2 x's a day. I started yesterday and already I feel great. But this morning before I was even out of bed I was trying to talk myself out of it.....I still got up and boogied my way through. I just don't understand why I'm trying to get out of it, I'm not a lazy person and I feel great after a sweaty workout. I am in major need of cheerleaders (which I know your all great at anyway lol). Giving up is not an option. There are too many things in this life that are out of my control to change, being healthy and losing weight are not one of them.

Replies

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Last week I made a goal to do cardio 5 x's a week for an hour each day. I stuck to this goal I believe 0 times. I stepped on the scale the other day only to find I have gained back every pound that I had lost since having the baby 9 months ago. Alot of you may know my bigtime goal is to fit back into my prepregnancy clothes before Dec, which is when my maternity leave is over. So new goal is cardio 2 x's a day. I started yesterday and already I feel great. But this morning before I was even out of bed I was trying to talk myself out of it.....I still got up and boogied my way through. I just don't understand why I'm trying to get out of it, I'm not a lazy person and I feel great after a sweaty workout. I am in major need of cheerleaders (which I know your all great at anyway lol). Giving up is not an option. There are too many things in this life that are out of my control to change, being healthy and losing weight are not one of them.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    cheerleader.jpg

I'm pullin' for ya girlie!!!

I have the same problem with talking myself out of workouts. So I've learned to just shut out any thoughts until I'm up and dressed and start my warm up. Just go on autopilot!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    It's probably better to start with a little bit smaller goal then work up to the bigger ones. You can do this. Just remember to take baby steps
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    :flowerforyou: I believe we all try to talk ourselves out of excercise because as with eating it is an emotional barrier. But the important part is that you did your excercise today, one small step is the key!:ohwell:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I talk to myself, but enough of my psych problems.....
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I love psycho problems! Have plenty of my own!!!!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member

I've had this same problem lately :grumble: Just keep on pushin...tell yourself it is something you "have" to do. Just like work or breathing, eating, whatever, you have to do it. It's not an option. :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work we're here for ya:drinker: