How often should you check measurements?

Options
I recently started checking my measurements in addition to weighing in once a week. How often should one check their measurements?

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I check my measurements once a month and weight weekly.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    that's a great question, I can't wait to hear what people have to say. I've been getting ansy since I bought my tape measure, and have been checking bi-weekly, but I don't think I'll ever notice a difference like that...
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    It's usually personal choice. I measure and weigh-in weekly some do it fortnightly and some do it monthly. I have even seen some do it daily. It is totally up to you :)
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I check my measurements once or twice a month depending upon my weight loss. I record my weight once a week but weigh pretty much every day to keep myself in check.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    I weigh in weekly

i used to measure myself once a week.
    but ill measure myself once a month.

the reason why i do that cause, one week in measurement i am higher than others and then next week its less, then its goes back up again.. (i think that has to do with muscle gaining and losing fat at the same time) i think measurement is better for a monthly thing.

then when i looked at what TurboFire tells you to do.. says track your weight with your measurement once a month.

but do what you think is comfortable.
  • mememe66
    mememe66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I measure once a week for waist/hips/bust/abdomen. Once a month for other measurements. It helps especially in weeks that my scale either stays the same or goes up. If you are doing any muscle-building exercises, weight can really messy with your head. For instance, this week I went up 4 lbs., but my waist and abdomen each went down 1/2". Had I relied solely on the scale I might have ended up depressed and gone in for some chocolate to soothe my spirit. However, the small size reduction gave me hope and kept me on track.
  • Rhondast
    Rhondast Posts: 93
    Options
    I'll weigh in daily,and check measurements bi weekly.
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i just started as well, and had planned on doing it monthly, or if I can't wait that long, maybe bi-weekly.
  • Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    I suggest once a month, but of course it depends on your body and your preferences.

I'd also suggest having someone measure you, in addition to measuring yourself.

Good luck!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i weight in weekly and i measure when i am not getting results on the scale
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Once a month, and whenever the scale is being stubborn. I also have a pair of skinny pants I try on every two weeks.
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    about monthly for me