Want to lose 35lbs. How long did it take you?

Options
2»

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4.5 months to lose 35 lbs
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Took me from January 7th to August 12th to lose 35lbs (would have been quicker if I had used a food scale to start with)
  • maffff
    maffff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    30 June to 23 September.

6ft, 222 lbs to 186lbs

Starting TDEE (today daily energy expenditure - amount of energy you use on a normal day) 2427, 23 September just under 2247
    Starting BMR (basal metabolic rate - number of calories your body burns if you spend the day in bed) 2022, 23 September just under 1872
    Starting Goal calories 1430, 23 Sep 1610 [I upped calories as end of August when I hit 1310, as I felt like I was undereating and weak, I never signed up for this to feel like a diet].

I revised my goal calories when there was a few lbs change on MFP.

Starting Body fat 33.7%, 23 september around 23.5%
    Starting BMI 30.1, 23 Septemeber around 25.2%

As of today I'm at 176.2lbs, TDEE 2176, BMR 1813, Goal 1520, bodyfat around 21.3, BMI 23.9. Another 13/23lbs to go, then the maintaining/fitness really starts.

Oh, and exercise. Very little at first. I went walking most Saturdays for 2/3 hours and that was about it. Gym started in September and I've been going three times a week since, when work allows.
  • KarenNFiske
    Options
    I lost 35 pounds from February 2013 to April 2013.. Now December 2013 I'm 77 pounds.. I used AdvoCare and ate 1200 calories a day
  • Chemburly12
    Options
    1. About 5 months
    2. 1600 calories
    3. alternated between workout videos (30mins) and running (45mins)
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds in a yearish. So I guess 35 in around 5 months.
  • alexapatel
    alexapatel Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'd say it took me about 7 months. (I've been stuck in a plateau since -.- )
    I was eating around 1550 calories a day and exercising 2-3 days a week.
  • beckymosley86
    beckymosley86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs doing turbofire It took 12 weeks so 3 months.
  • JennyOne2277
    JennyOne2277 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Alexa,

Was that 1550 net a day (i.e. you ate back exercise calories) or just 1550 period? Thanks.
  • brittanygv
    brittanygv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Brand new to the site!

I need to lose 33 lbs in order to reach my goal BMI. Currently, I'm 193 lbs and stand 5'10. That puts me at around 27 BMI and I need to be (Doctor advised) to be between 150 - 160 lbs.

I have my caloric intake set at 1200/day and I have been actively dieting for 2 days. I feel good so far :)
    I TRY to exercise 4 to 5 days a week (mostly yoga) but I haven't worked out in the last few weeks. I have a new plan that I start tomorrow that puts me in the gym 7 days a week with alternating yoga, running, and weight training (its not as bad as it sounds).

Without exercising and with dieting, I have GAINED 0.5 pounds!!! :(

I was wondering if you all think this is a good plan to stick with to reach my goals? I want to start out strong.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    If 35lbs is all you have to lose I think it will take you a little longer to lose then someone with, say, 80 to 100 lbs to lose. Thats being said.,when I started I lost 35 in about 3 and a half months. Although I started at 220. I worked out 6/7 days a week for at least 30 to 60 minutes.
  • gdspdschck
    gdspdschck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today I weighed in and am at a 36 lb loss since starting in October. But I do the HCG diet in rounds. I'm now on my fifth round totalling 61 days of actual strict diet days. Many people will tell you that the HCG diet isn't healthy but I've had nothing but improvements in my mood, energy, cravings and especially my body. I don't use hcg drops because I've done the diet with and without them with equal results. I'm not starving and I enjoy what I eat. Weight loss has become fun because I'm learning about my body and learning that I don't have to starve or eat tasteless foods to lose weight. Try it!
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i lost the first 25lb in 3 months then worked as a waitress for 4 weeks and dropped another 10lb :drinker:
    was eating between 16 -2000, its different for everyone, im 6'2 and started at 18 and a half stone so that amount of calories worked for me.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    How long did you manage to lose the weight?
    Took me about 6.5 months, although I did have several plateaus that are included within that time frame as well.

How much calories did you eat?
    Anywhere from 1200-1400 per day.

How much exercise did you do?
    5-6 days per week for a minimum of 60 minutes each day.
  • Zohar94
    Zohar94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hey, I just lost 35 lbs. From december last year till now. I started with the first two/3 months sporting 1 or 2 times a week. after i lost some 3 kg I started with MFP and ate on a avarage i think 1600 a day netto. i also sport 1 and sometimes two times a week.
    it is not a huge effort but i am going forward and forward :)
    succes! you can do it :)