Desperate need of something!

Options
I just feel like I keep putting all this pressure on myself to lose all this weight. I've lost the desire to workout. I still go on my afternoon walks everyday but that's the only form of exercise I do. And I'm eating healthy things here and there.

I started this weight lost journey really strong. I wanted to lose the weight and be proud of myself. I would run in the treadmill every morning, do a dvd workout, and eat healthy. But recently It's just getting harder for me to get back to that place.

I feel lost. I know many of you can relate to this, please let me know how you got out of it.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    Don't give up on yourself - just realize that there are times where your desire to live this new lifestyle are not strong. Just remember how you feel now as compared to how you felt when you started. I constantly have to remind myself of that ... and that keeps me going! No going back!
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    My system was to join a mixed martial arts gym. Being on a team and always having people to work with, as well as various classes to keep things interesting are always HUGE motivators for me. I don't know if you could be interested in that or not, but it's made the world of difference for me.
  • TiffyCooper
    Options
    After only 2 weeks of my new journey into a healthier life style, I found myself physically unable to work out today because of how hard I pushed myself yesterday. Based on my dieting and excercising trend, this is my "wall", so to speak. This has been my limit in my past endeavors.

I decided to take a bath tonit in epsom salt and massage my poor legs. As I carefully lowered myself into my tub, I debated on whether or not to work out in the morning... the same thought process that always made me stop moving forward. As I massaged my legs, I saw all the cellulite in my legs and remembered why I started this new path: to be healthy, slimmer, and more active. I renewed my dedication to the workouts because I am tired of feeling like I always give up.

I guess the whole point of that story is to encourage you to remember exactly why you decided to make these changes. Besides feeling proud of your accomplishments there must have been at least one other reason why you started down this path. Can you remember to be able to push yourself again? If not, can you think of a new reason why getting healthy is important to you? I want to run wi my neices and nephews and maybe, someday, my own children, without feeling like I am 10 years older than I am. That's what drives me. :-)
  • cl0udy21
    cl0udy21 Posts: 11
    Options
    My system was to join a mixed martial arts gym. Being on a team and always having people to work with, as well as various classes to keep things interesting are always HUGE motivators for me. I don't know if you could be interested in that or not, but it's made the world of difference for me.

I hadn't really thought of joining a martial arts gym. It seems like something different and cool to do. I might give it a try. Or I might just sign up to one of those Zumba classes at my local community center. I think being on a team would easily encourage me to keep working out. Thanks!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've been there done that SO many times.
    It's caused me to quit SO many times.
    And it took me over 3 years to lose only 60 pounds because of it.

And every time I start back up I look back and say "Dammit if I had just stuck with it I'd already be fit and healthy and maintaining right now instead of struggling to get back on the fitness bandwagon."

It's not a good thing for you to put yourself through.

You just got to find that special carrot on a stick that will keep you going and it's different for everybody.

For me I started a certification program to become a personal trainer and knowing that to be a personal trainer I should probably LOOK like one is super motivating and I'm hoping to be super fit by the time I finish my program.
  • cl0udy21
    cl0udy21 Posts: 11
    Options

I guess the whole point of that story is to encourage you to remember exactly why you decided to make these changes. Besides feeling proud of your accomplishments there must have been at least one other reason why you started down this path. Can you remember to be able to push yourself again? If not, can you think of a new reason why getting healthy is important to you? I want to run wi my neices and nephews and maybe, someday, my own children, without feeling like I am 10 years older than I am. That's what drives me. :-)

The other reason I was so determined to lose with weight lost journey for my husband. I wanted to go back to looking like the first time he met me and to go back to my early high school lifestyle ( I used to love running and being active). And I totally understand your drive, I have 2 nephews, 1 niece, and a 6 month daughter. And they can be a handful.:laugh: Thanks for your words!