Clean Program/ detox... thoughts?

I have a friend who is currently trying out the "Clean Program". I have heard of different body cleanses before but have no personal experience with them. Have any of you tried this program or does anyone have thoughts on it (or any other detox for that matter)?

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    I have a friend who is currently trying out the "Clean Program". I have heard of different body cleanses before but have no personal experience with them. Have any of you tried this program or does anyone have thoughts on it (or any other detox for that matter)?

This is so frustrating to see these people make the same unhealthy, unintelligent decisions time and time again... when are people gonna get a clue?

The ONLY thing that will work LONG time and healthy, is hard work and changing your whole lifestyle and the way you view food. It's the ONLY way, and until people realize that they will be unhealthy and/or fat.

There is no shortcuts. Ever. Put in the work, and you will see the results.

**Steps down from soapbox**

Please read this post, and if you can get your friend to read it, have her do it to:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/271747-people-just-aren-t-getting-it
  • rachelmof
    rachelmof Posts: 51
    Are you talking about Dr. Junger? (I think that's his name..) A friend of mine did it, and loved it!! I can ask her more about it if you want more details. :)
  • faithog
    faithog Posts: 76
    Yes, Dr. Junger! That's the guy. I would be interested to hear what your friend thought!

Avalonis, I do agree that hard work is the way to go to get results (my friend actually did this "cleanse" to ADD weight). I had friends in college that LOVED cleansing- not usually for weight related purposes. The ones they did were very short though... the length of this one- and the pill diet- made me skeptical.

I just wanted to see what other folks thought/ felt about this program or process in general =)
  • I am doing the Dr. Junger´s clean program and I think it is a wonderful way to detox and lose weight. You can find all the info you need at the site cleanprogram.com ;-)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    At the risk of sounding offensive: There's no such thing as a diet that "cleanses" your body
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    ^^ that. Just treat your body well and you don't have to 'cleanse' it.
  • i have the book and then bought the actual kit recently. I'm planning on starting it in a week or so. dr. junger is my AWEsOME favorite. His book alone is worth the read. its opened my eyes up to all the toxins in our foods... I've started bits and pieces from his elimination diet and have already lost 7lbs on diet alone in a week alone. from now on i only buy organic and try to make my own meals.