Breaking out

Options
I'm pretty new to this, but I've been following my diet really closely, and I have been exercising every day and lately as of the last few days I have been breaking out really bad. Is this related?

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Are you eating more dairy? Are you taking whey protein?

Milk derivatives, including whey and casein can wreak havoc on your skin.

blessings.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    do you wash your face before or after working out?
    they say you should wash your face before working out because the sweat and open pores makes a bad combination for bacteria if the skin is not clean to begin with.
    maybe try that? :)
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    do you wash your face before or after working out?
    they say you should wash your face before working out because the sweat and open pores makes a bad combination for bacteria if the skin is not clean to begin with.
    maybe try that? :)

thank you!! i usually only wash it a couple hours after, but the last few days i got lazy about it! thanks so much!!!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I started breaking out when I wasn't eating enough -- around 400-600 calories a day. I haven't had a pimple since getting help with my ED and eating more... So, are you sure you're eating enough?
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    how is your hydration level? drinking plenty of water seems to have cured me of pimples (other than the odd one, few and far between these days).
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    I started breaking out when I wasn't eating enough -- around 400-600 calories a day. I haven't had a pimple since getting help with my ED and eating more... So, are you sure you're eating enough?

yeah i'm eating about 1400 a day
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    how is your hydration level? drinking plenty of water seems to have cured me of pimples (other than the odd one, few and far between these days).

64 oz of water a day :) i'm like a fish some days lol
  • meldaniel
    meldaniel Posts: 111
    Options
    Maybe it is just your body detoxing somewhat and readjusting to a new metabolism, better nutrition, sweating, etc. It seems to me that nearly anytime we have a dramatic change of lifestyle...be it a new climate, new diet, medications, traveling, etc...that skin often reacts for awhile. I wouldn't worry about it unless it lasts for several months.
  • kelseyk14
    kelseyk14 Posts: 95
    Options
    My face did the same thing and I cut gluten and sugar out of my diet and it cleared up in days!! It was amazing. I also took activated charcoal to absorb any toxins in my system. Try and do a cleanse most of the time you skin reacts to toxins in the intestines (where you immune system is) and tries to release toxins through the skin.