Ladies how do you deal with the cravings during that time?

Options
I'm one of those girls who craves foods a lot during that time of the month and I also have trouble exercising because of the pain i experience. So i was wondering if you had any advice on how to control it? All i wanna do is cuddle up with a bag of chips and chocolate.

Replies

• SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! (having it right now in fact!) I'm basically going off of shear willpower at this point. I'm the one in charge of buying everything we eat & if I don't buy it then I can't eat it! I try to buy healthier substitutions. So instead of buying extremely bad for me icecream by the quart or gallon, I buy a single serving of icecream or frozen yogurt instead. I find that when I'm faced with dropping everything & driving to the store to get something to snack on that the craving can be dealt with a lot easier. Good luck!

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    im the same i have cravings all the time for sweets and salt but mainly i dont buy them. if they arent in the my apartment or if they are and are not mine i wont eat them or touch them. i ahve a hard time justifying going out and getting things for my cravings. only time i do is if a friend goes to kinda help monitor my intake...but i would suggest not buying them.
  • Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used to have that problem, but about a year ago my doctor put me of the birth control shot Depo Provera....and I love it! I DONT have a period at all! So the cramps, mood swings, and cravings are gone! :smile:
  • Ptarmigan74
    Options
    For me it helps to focus on the positive. Instead of thinking, oh, I want that but I shouldn't, but I want it, but I shouldn't, etc., I remind myself that if I don't overeat, I'm going to feel awesome about it once the craving passes. I'll feel like a superhero. That seems to work for me.
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I endulge moderately with healthier option usually but still keep in my cal limit. 2 pc. of Dark chocolate with a cup of strawberries is a fave. I dont want to exercise then but i find afterwards my cramps are much less and the lower back pain i get then is lessened also. Good luck!

3697427.png
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am always starving during TOM, and usually give in to 90% of the cravings. Only work out 1-2 days of it. Mine are usually 4-6 days long. I usually gain about 5lbs during, but it all comes back off within a couple days afterward.
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    I have a very clean flat as I tidy instead of eat plus I've found if I manage to avoid giving in to my cravings I tend to have a pretty big loss when it finishes.
  • jesscorinne
    Options
    Cravings is tough for me and i try to get in as much exercise as I can. Exercise helps a lot with cramps and going for a short little run at first is hard but the cramps are mostly gone for a good 4 to 5 hours. for me exercise is the best pain med. hope i helped.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. I ate a lot of chips this time even though I hadn't touched them in months. I usually allow myself to indulge since I know it is temporary, but at the same time I make sure I eat my healthy food first, and I eat more protein in the morning and for lunch. That helps me crave less. Also, I keep moving - take more walks, etc. I'm just grateful it's only a couple days a month!