baked lays

Options
omid990
omid990 Posts: 785 Member
low in calories and fat but also low in protein and fiber. yay or nay?

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    if you're going to snack on a chip, I guess that's better than a regular chip. :flowerforyou:

These are my chips for now!!
    VEG.jpg
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love the BBQ ones!! I also love the new Fiber Selects wheat thins. They have 5g of fiber!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've found Sun Chips. Never had them before, and they are better than the baked lays for me. I'm not much of a chip fan just every once in a while, but I buy the little bags so that I don't get carried away.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Baked Lays have no flavor....
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    If you like them and have to have them Yay. If you are eating them just to eat chips Nay.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My advice, I wouldn't touch them. But then again I don't think we'd eat much of what we do if we know how it's made. My husband is friends with a guy who's family owns a major potato distributing co. They actually make the baked chips. It's nothing but a sludge of potato goop that's formed into chips. The guy said after seeing how they were made he wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole. That's enough to keep me away!
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My advice, I wouldn't touch them. But then again I don't think we'd eat much of what we do if we know how it's made. My husband is friends with a guy who's family owns a major potato distributing co. They actually make the baked chips. It's nothing but a sludge of potato goop that's formed into chips. The guy said after seeing how they were made he wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole. That's enough to keep me away!

Well, Erin, you cured me from the baked potato chips! Now . . . do you have anything scarey or gross to tell me about cheesecake or pecan pie? :laugh:
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    OK- they get a yeah for me. I don't eat baked chips because of their nutritional value. I eat them because they are a sensible way to replace eating the fried ones. The fried ones don't even tast good to me anymore, too greasy.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    do you have anything scarey or gross to tell me about cheesecake or pecan pie? :laugh:

Oh how I wish.....how I wish....:laugh:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Sunchips are the bombs! Try those out... seriously :)

And now that I read that about Baked Lays it makes me want to avoid them very much so. Granted, I haven't eaten any in years, but that gives me a reason to extend that ban... haha.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Sunchips are the bombs! Try those out... seriously :)

And now that I read that about Baked Lays it makes me want to avoid them very much so. Granted, I haven't eaten any in years, but that gives me a reason to extend that ban... haha.

Have you had the SALSA Sunchips???? Yup, pretty darn delicious!!
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I hope I get to place where jalapeno chips, fritos, chips and salsa don't taste good any more. For the moment I just remind myself that I simply can't eat them and never will be able to. Its not the end of the world.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Baked Lays have no flavor....

ya know I think they taste really sweet...as in what's up with THAT? :laugh: Way TOO Sweet!

But ya know they take something out (the fat) and they put something back in to try and fool us into eating the products....so they add sweeters.

I tried the Sun Chips out the other day...the cheese ones. I too bought only a small bag....not bad ...tasty, no desire for handfuls....I counted them out.....and enjoyed them.... This was like a 2-3 portion bag ....so saved the rest fof another treat.

Chips are too greasy to me now....but something about the Sun Chips is nice....I think because I get cravings now pre-PMS to eat things that are smooth or that crunch....YEP....baby carrots crunch and they work. Now in the old days........:noway: no way...had to be salty or chocolate:grumble:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

I dunno...I'd have to read the label..... bet you can find it online under Lays.com
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :sick: ew....maybe that's why Pringles taste the same to me...:laugh:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options

I wish it were enough to keep me away, LoL!!
  • meggy88
    meggy88 Posts: 23
    Options
    I love baked lays, but that story about how they make them definitely makes me want to find another option! Also, Baked Lays have hydrogenated oil in them...so if any of you are watching your diet for heart reasons as well, I would stay away from them!
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Well I'm done with bake lays :sick:
    Chips are my weakness so I have now turned to Sunchips. I have also checked out the organic isle and flavors are growing.