Friends List

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
Does anyone really moniter their friends list here on MFP? I am curious how other handle their friends list situation. Do you blindly friend anyone who asks? Do you care if there are people on your list who haven't logged in in months? Do you only friend people you know? Do you care about your friend list at all?

I have pretty much friended any one who asked, but I am thinking about starting to become more selective. I just looked through my list and there were several who haven't logged in in months. I don't want to keep people on my list just to keep them. I don't personally know anyone on my list. I have had many say they are inspired by my story and I friend them so we can all support each other. What do you all think?

Replies

• aaronjames11
    Options
    I think you do what you feel is best !
    does seem pointless having ppl on your list if there not active thou..

Aaron
  • norcalbowler
    norcalbowler Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If someone hasn't logged in for a couple days I'll leave something on there page. If they still don't log on I delete. There isn't much more you can do I'm afraid.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yea i feel the same way. After a month of not being on if they didn't tell everyone a reason they wouldn't be on. I hate to do it but I delete them too. So far I have only dont that once since I have only been on here myself for a little over a month. heh
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I frequently go through my list. The way I see it, if someone adds me, I expect full support; otherwise, why add?! If there are reasons, fine, I'll take them into consideration. No reason...they're deleted, then. Ultimately, I'm here for myself. If I make friends that support, that's a great bonus. And, I have made some really great friends!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I delete anyone who has been inactive for over 7 days unless I know they are on vacation or something from their newsfeed. I deleted a friend at work and she was mad when I told her. She didn't even log on to find out. LOL, I re-friended her now she is at 3 days since her last login. Some ppl just don't get it.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I frequently go through my list. The way I see it, if someone adds me, I expect full support; otherwise, why add?! If there are reasons, fine, I'll take them into consideration. No reason...they're deleted, then. Ultimately, I'm here for myself. If I make friends that support, that's a great bonus. And, I have made some really great friends!

I like your thinkin on this one!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

I like your thinkin on this one!

Thank you! :) Not everyone would agree but this is my account, my friend's list, my control...my choice. :)
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    If people get inactive I will delete them. I am not here to be "popular" I am here and want friends that are here for the same reasons I am... to loose weight, get and stay healthy! I want the friends for support and help, and to give the same to others, if I wanted friends for no reason I can go to Facebook for that :P
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am glad others think like me on this. Thanks for the responses.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I accept friend requests from most anyone, and try to get to know them. (granted lately I have not spent a lot of time in this chair to do that) I do have inactive people on my list that I will keep around because I want to be here for them if they decide to come back. I also try to message them when I see they have not logged in and I don't know where they went. Someone has to do something pretty stupid for me to remove them from my MFP Family.