Join the Diamond Challenge! [Accepting New Members]

Options
[Important note: There is a THREE step sign-up process listed below. Be sure to follow the THREE steps!]

Hi Diamonds!

We are currently seeking anyone interested in "buddying up" for a weight loss challenge that ends on July 15th. The goal is to stick to our diet and exercise goals with a partner. The Diamonds Challenge: Round 3 is a REAL commitment, so if you cannot support your partner each and every day, this is NOT the group for you! We expect ACTIVE involvement. Unless you request otherwise, I will select your partner.

If you are familiar with the earlier version of the challenge you should know that there are some changes!

You are partnered with your buddy, but you are also a member of a division--Diamonds in the Rough or DiamondDolls. Further, each division is broken into three color teams. Each week the team that loses the most will get bragging rights and the opportunity to add a digital trophy to their signature. We will also continue to celebrate individual victories.

There are ten members on each team and a total of 60 members in the Diamonds Challenge League.

Expectations:

1. Check in with your buddy every day via MESSAGING (not just on forums)
2. Check your division thread regularly
3. Say as much as possible when writing to your buddy and when writing on the forum
4. Post the Question of the Day on your assigned day**
5. Use your team logo in your signature.
6. Submit your weekly loss or gain.

Unfortunately, each round we have to remove a few participants who fail to adhere to these guidelines... don't let that be you!

So, how do you sign up? There are three easy steps!

1. Reply to this thread with your name AND reason for joining The Diamonds Challenge.

2. Follow this link and complete the registration form :

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&authkey=CJyH9_8P&formkey=dG9XQlYzeUxSUjhqeGxtbzZZRzlELUE6MQ#gid=0

3. Carefully read the The Diamonds Challenge rules and FAQ:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XJajeMo3vO2P_uT3G2GPrOE0GDXKSzZ70UMAfCe5x6M/edit?hl=en

My Response:

My name is Jamaica, and I am excited about the start of Round 3 of the Diamonds Challenge! This challenge has grown so much in the past fourteen weeks, and I am eager to continue with my wonderful ladies. I hope that you all will enjoy this challenge as much as we do!

Keep Shining!
Jamaica

Replies

• nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Oh no... sad to hear we have lost some diamonds already!

Prospective members... it is so worth doing, sign up NOW!
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Oh no... sad to hear we have lost some diamonds already!

Prospective members... it is so worth doing, sign up NOW!

We are being a little more stringent with the rules this round... it just isn't fair to those who are active to have an inactive partner.

Ladies, this challenge totally ROCKS!
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Let's go Diamonds! (aka, how I cover a double post)
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Two spots left ladies!
  • TwinMom12409
    Options
    Hello! My name is Meghan. I would like to join this challenge because I am finding it really difficult to motivate myself to follow my nutrition program. I am spot on with workouts but can't get the diet down and I feel that having a team and partner to be accountable to will really help me. I also love supportive people in my life. Hope I can join this challenge!
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Hello! My name is Meghan. I would like to join this challenge because I am finding it really difficult to motivate myself to follow my nutrition program. I am spot on with workouts but can't get the diet down and I feel that having a team and partner to be accountable to will really help me. I also love supportive people in my life. Hope I can join this challenge!

Hi Meghan! You should hear back from me by Monday!
  • TwinMom12409
    Options
    Thanks! Hope I make the cut! What a great set up for a challenge! Love it!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Hope I make the cut! What a great set up for a challenge! Love it!

You will love this challenge i have been in this from the first round its amazing and Miss jamaica she is wonderful

Kathy
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    hey! i'm kaitlyn and i would love for there to be a spot for me in this challenge. (: i've never been involved in any challenges before but after seeing how much fun this looks, i really want to get involved! i've been pretty good about what i've been eating but i'm too easy on myself when it comes to the work out aspect of weight loss. i think if i had a buddy and a team of people right there with me, pushing me to do my best i'd be better off.
  • reeology
    reeology Posts: 22
    Options
    It's sooooooo fun. I've only been a member for a week but it's great! It's inspiring to see all these ladies working hard and encouraging you to work hard too :) I've started stealing exercises routines that I see working for other people, and I can already tell my workouts are more intense
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a challenge to join and this one seems perfect, I hope there is a spot left.
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Hey all! I hope I'm not too late, I know there are only 2 spots left, for now :)

My name is Trina and I am more than excited to join the Diamonds Challenge! I am on my health journey to be the best me and have been on this ride for over 2 years now. I am a MPF addict and would love the daily support and encouragement and getting to know like-minded women. Hope to hear back soon and be one of the chosen ones, thanks!
  • cocoanicky
    cocoanicky Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well new to mfp and looking for some support, I just started working out at the gym on tuesday and already lost 2 1/2 pounds. So just on here looking for friends and support.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Thanks for signing up ladies! If you don't make it this round I will send you the form for an early sign up next round :-)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Thanks Miss J, I look forward to joining whenever there's a spot!