New and Motivated

Options
Hey All,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I am a 29 year old guy in Syracuse, NY. At one time I was an athlete but over the years I have experience almost 50 lbs of creeping weight gain. My wife and I recently had our first baby, a girl named Jillian. I know that as she gets older she will begin to notice what we look like and how we eat and I owe it to her to set a good example. I have been doing this for about a week now and am already down about 4 lbs. This unlike other diets seems to be something sustainable since you can earn extra calories by exercising and it takes your current weight into consideration. I wish everyone luck in losing weight and getting healthier and I hope over time we can all support each other in anyway neccesary.

All the Best,

Adam

Replies

• KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family! Congrats to you and your wife on your baby girl Jillian!
    Congrats with your first week's success...4lbs, WAY TO GO!!!
    Thank you Adam for the positive thoughts/wishes...right back at you brother!

ttfn
    Kyle :-p
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam. Welcome and congrats on the new little baby girl! A new baby is the best motivation for becoming and remaining healthy. You will find a lot of support here. I wish you all the best! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. We can all use the additional motivational support :)
  • clancie518
    clancie518 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hey Adam,
    congratulations on the birth of your daughter Jillian.. kids are a wonderful thing and it's great that you are getting yourself healthy for her and for you. I am new to this site as well.. been here 9 days so far and I have committed myself to use MFP everyday ( tracking my food, writing on my page etc.). there are wonderful people here who will help you if you have a question and support you on your journey. Most of my family live on long island and a daughter in white plains, so you kept my eye.. feel free to add me as a friend.. good luck..
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is such a great place for support. Congratulations on your little girl and your weight loss. I'm sure you will do great here