What exactly is the tape used for measuring yourself called?

Options
lmao I probably sound like a total tool for asking this question, but I want to start taking my measurements because im probably starting Insanity today and Ive always just weighed myself. I dont have the tape ruler thing to measure so today I want to go buy one, I just dont know what its called, I dont want to ask "hey whats that uhm measure tape to measure my body located at?"
Also can I buy it just at like Walmart/Target? What section is it at? the diet/weight loss area??

Replies

• kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    good question,I never thought about it. there might be one made just for that but basically if you go to Walmart to the sewing/fabric section that is the measuring tape you want. The same one a tailor would use to measure you for clothing. they are quite cheap maybe a dollar, two at the most.
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    I just use a regular measuring tape from the sewing department! I hope that's what we're supposed to be using!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i think its just a tape measure. you can buy it at walmart, in the sewing section i believe. ive had mine forever so i dont really remember exactly where it was
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Most people use a tape measure from the sewing department when they are measuring at home. As a trainer, though, I prefer a Gulick Tape Measure. (Google it for pictures) It is one where you wrap the tape around and then put the end back in the case of the tape measure so that it is more accurate by not allowing the person to pull it too tight or hold it too loose.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I just call it measuring tape lol... I felt that way when I went and bought mine too. I got it at walmart in the sewing area. I asked the lady there if it can be used to measure my body and she said yes they are all the same and can measure anything. lol duh ;P I felt kind of dumb.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    GNC had teh one Tonya i stalking about, I was the yesterday, they were 9 bucks though OUCH
  • RosannaElizabethL
    RosannaElizabethL Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    IMO measurements are more accurate than weight. It's best to measure yourself in the morning before you have eaten or drank anything.