why does this happen?

Options
So right now I am doine 6 week 6 pack and 30 day shred. I find that if I do the workokuts back to back I burn way more calories doing the second video, but if I seperate them then I don't burn as much?

Is it since my heart rate is already up it is just staying higher for longer??

Replies

• Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Your thought about the heart rate makes sense to me..I believe you are right......I was afraid of that..I have been walking 2 miles a day in the summer challenge and doing one in the am and one in the pm and I had a feeling it would be better to do them all at once..bugger...
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Yeah, since you're doing longer durations and your metabolism is already revved up from the first work out session, you'll burn more in the second session because you're heart rate is a little higher. I don't think you'd get the same effect if you did one session in the morning and one in the evening because your body will have a chance to recover during the day.
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love 30 day shred! At the mo I'm doing her fat metaboliser dvd. It's great :) was thinking of getting 6wk6pack. How are u finding it?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    So right now I am doine 6 week 6 pack and 30 day shred. I find that if I do the workokuts back to back I burn way more calories doing the second video, but if I seperate them then I don't burn as much?

Is it since my heart rate is already up it is just staying higher for longer??

Funny you should ask.........

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/why-cardiovascular-drift-is-something-you-should-know-about-115654

Your heart rate is higher because of cardiovascular drift. You aren't actually burning any more calories than on the days you do them separately. The HRM misinterprets the higher HR as a higher intensity. Just one of the many conditions that affect the accuracy of HRM calorie estimates.
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love 30 day shred! At the mo I'm doing her fat metaboliser dvd. It's great :) was thinking of getting 6wk6pack. How are u finding it?

I am loving 6 week 6 pack but level 2 is kicking my booty!!