Hitting the "reset" button!

Options
Hi fitness pals! I am fairly new to MFP, but I am starting over tomorrow! I foolishly tried to start the first time right before my vacation. To East Texas, the land of sweet tea and biscuits and gravy and steak fingers and Blue Bell ice cream! Do you see my dilemma!?! Now we are headed home, sans kids (they stayed with the grandparents for a couple more weeks) and I am determined to reset my healthy eating/exercise program tomorrow! I would appreciate any help/support/encouragement that I can get! Thanks for listening to my rambling...now I have to go eat my "last meal" of biscuits and gravy. :love:

Replies

• katemiddletonisawesome
    katemiddletonisawesome Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    No worries! You can still have your biscuits and gravy - just cut back on the portion size. I love this site - it doesn't restrict you from eating things, just makes you more aware of what you're eating. Best of luck!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Don't stress it. No need to reset. What happens on vacation, stays on vacation. lol

It took me a week to work out all the water/waste I accumulated on our vacation at the beginning of the month. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Why tomorrow? You can start today. Just eat smaller portions. I don't know about you but for me and my family saying tomorrow...well it almost never happens. I believe you can tomorrow but you can impress yourself and others today.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    First of all, STOP! This 'last meal" is so unnecessary :) If you approach this as a new way of living instead of a diet, you will enjoy the journey so much more. If you absolutely have to have these biscuits and gravy, fine, but log the meal and work it into your day. That way, it is not a doom and gloom "last meal" but a treat you included in your day. Start slowly by making a good choice each day, and log, log, log. If you make things off limits from the get-go, you will set yourself up for failure. Food is to be enjoyed and as you start to make better choices, you will start to see that healthful eating does not have to be dull or boring. If you approach this as a sensible lifestyle choice and take it one day at a time, you are more likely to succeed. And, going on vacation will have absolutely no bearing on your results as you can continue your journey just as easily away from home. I wish you all the success possible, good luck :)
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    My thoughts are to eat what you want -- just less of it. I had pizza twice this week - I took 1 normal sized piece and cut it in half, so it looked like I had two, but only dealt with the calories of one. Try putting those yoplait light yogurts in the freezer. They taste the same, it just takes a little more effort to get them out of the cup -- so it tricks your brain into thinking its getting more and you eat it more slowly. I came from a family of eating something sweet after lunch and dinner -- so that's when I go for the Red Velvet cake Yoplait yogurt or a small bowl of chocolate chex. Buy slow churned ice cream or frozen yogurt at the store too.... less fat ands tastes good.

Bottom line, don't deny yourself. It's just going to cause you to quit.
  • heyree424
    heyree424 Posts: 21
    Options
    I totally agree with radio_flyer! I'd rather eat "real" food, and less of it than "diet" food with no taste. Summertime is easier to find fruits and vegetables that are a tasty alternative to sweets. You are in control of your own body, so why not start right now? Feel free to friend me. We can all use more motivation and work better when we help each other. Best of luck to you.