I'm new

Options
Hi, I'm new and I'm joining to support and help my friend who has a long term weight loss goal. I know it's easier to have friends and support and I'm a lifetime Weight Watcher so when someone told me about this website I decided to help her out. I'm excited about this format.

Replies

• dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Best of luck to you and your friend on your goals! :) You'll find great motivation and friendship here
  • Alicia_Hall
    Alicia_Hall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi revtracey,

I am new to the website as well...it seems nice though and I hope it helps me to my long term weight loss goal as well. I wish I had known about this sight a long time ago, maybe I would'nt be were i am today as far as weight goes. I am also a weight watchers member I have been struggling a little though I dont really have a good support group to keep me motivated.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • hapenn
    hapenn Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm new too! My husband and I just joined...altho this is NOT my first time in my life trying to get my weight down. It's been a struggle my entire life. I have a very sluggish thyroid that periodicially needs a kickstart by upping meds. Now I am 41 (going to be 42), and had a horrible car accident last August (which is what caused this most recent weight gain).
    Now I have a permanent back issue and I must lose 32 pounds. I HAVE to get this weight off my frame so my back suffereing can be reduced.
    My weight goal is 175, which would put me on the higher end of my "range"-- at 5'11 and bigger boned, I think its next to impossible to get any lower than that. I have been. The lowest I have ever been as an adult is 168, and maintaining that nearly killed me.
    SO--- we are following WW, however, knowing how my body reacts to carbs (I am a 2x Atkins girl with incredible weight loss both times)- I am going to try to do WW and low carb. Nothing crazy and high fat, but really really cut back on unncessary carbs.
    I need encouragement and support because typically when i get within range (185) I tend to pull back and relax...next thing I know I am back in the 190s....then with the accident, it pushed me over 200 yet again.
    It needs to end.
    Started yesterday....today is Day 2.
  • kirst8489
    kirst8489 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    hello im new to the full website but on my phone all the time lol, so far ive lost 45lbs on my diet and currently weigh 177lbs and my target weight is 147lbs by christmas 2011. x
  • bethietwin
    Options
    Welcome, I am new at this too....you can add me if you like! =)
  • joeglas
    joeglas Posts: 1
    Options
    hi, i joined today. Can someone tell me how to calculate my weight loss etc
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Always looking for new friends!