Favorite pork chop recipes

Options
dittiepe
dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
Hi all!
I love to eat. Let's face it, I wouldn't be here trying to lose weight if I didn't. But I also love to cook and try different things. So I have stacks and stacks of recipes that I love to work with and make healthier versions of. But I don't have many pork chop recipes, and I love to make chops!

So, I come to you all. What's your favorite pork chop recipe?

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bump,I have a porkchop that I've no idea what to do with.
  • arnoldnagy
    arnoldnagy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    We had pork chops last night with a Jerk seasoning we brought back from Jamaica. It only takes a little because it's so spicy. I used just a tablespoon worth to season 3 pork chops before grilling them. It only added 5-10 calories per chop. The brand we use is called "Walker's Wood", but there are several good brands available.

Arny
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    great topic...I dont eat pork that often, but when I do, it's lean pork and boneless...I've used the shake and bake stuff, bbq pork chops, or just a little seasoned salt and throw it on the grill!
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    rub pork chop with Emeril's Essence
    cook in frying pan with a small amount of ev olive oil
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    slice it thin and cook a pork stir fry or fried rice
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I like to place in a baking pan with a med potato
    sliced cover with low fat low sodium cream of mushroom
    soup and bake 30-40 minutes
  • cuerpito
    cuerpito Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do you like Mexican flavors? Boil the pork chops in water until they are fully cooked (about 4 chops). In a separate pan, boil about 3-4 tomatillos (green tomatoes), 1-2 jalapenos, and about 2-3 diced potatoes. When the skin of the tomatillos starts to crack (or they have cooked for about 10-15 minutes), take them out of the water and peel them.

In a blender, blend the tomatillos, jalapenos, some diced onions, garlic, chopped cilantro, and some salt and pepper (you are now making the original salsa verde). If it's not watery enough, add some water to make it fairly runny.

Warm up a frying pan, add some oil and poor the salsa into the pan. Let it fry for a minute, then add the boiled pork chops - you can cut them into strips if you want, and add the boiled potatoes. Cook for another minute and there it is: pork chops in salsa verde.

Here are my suggestion as a non-Mexican: it's always better to start with a smaller amount of jalapeno in the blender, and then taste the salsa. If it's hot enough, you can add more jalapeno. Remember that you can always add heat, you can't take it away! Some jalapenos are super hot while others are not.
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Do you like Mexican flavors? Boil the pork chops in water until they are fully cooked (about 4 chops). In a separate pan, boil about 3-4 tomatillos (green tomatoes), 1-2 jalapenos, and about 2-3 diced potatoes. When the skin of the tomatillos starts to crack (or they have cooked for about 10-15 minutes), take them out of the water and peel them.

In a blender, blend the tomatillos, jalapenos, some diced onions, garlic, chopped cilantro, and some salt and pepper (you are now making the original salsa verde). If it's not watery enough, add some water to make it fairly runny.

Warm up a frying pan, add some oil and poor the salsa into the pan. Let it fry for a minute, then add the boiled pork chops - you can cut them into strips if you want, and add the boiled potatoes. Cook for another minute and there it is: pork chops in salsa verde.

Here are my suggestion as a non-Mexican: it's always better to start with a smaller amount of jalapeno in the blender, and then taste the salsa. If it's hot enough, you can add more jalapeno. Remember that you can always add heat, you can't take it away! Some jalapenos are super hot while others are not.

I absolutely LOVE Mexican flavors :)
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I found a really delicious pork chop recipe that I tried the other night. I wanted to post it here for ya'll. It's called Rosemary Mustard Pork Chop, and it was so tender and delicious!

4 Pork chops
    1 Tbsp. olive oil
    1 Tbsp. French’s mustard
    1 Tbsp. Lite soy sauce
    1/4 Cup chicken stock
    2 Tbsp. Splenda brown sugar (You can buy this at walmart and most grocery stores)
    1 tsp. paprika
    1 Tbsp. rosemary (dried)
    1 tsp. black pepper
    1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350°.
    Preheat saute pan/frying pan to medium high heat and dry the pork chops with a paper towel.
    Combine soy sauce, mustard, paprika, brown sugar and rosemary in a bowl; mix together.
    Season pork with salt and pepper.
    Add pork to pan and begin to sear on one side, about 3-4 minutes. Once complete on one side, flip and do the same on other side.
    Remove pork chops and place on plate.
    De-glaze the pan by adding the chicken stock and scraping all the bits off the bottom of the pan.
    Add the sauce mixture from step 3 and let thicken for 2 minutes.
    Add pork back on the pan and place into the oven to finish the cooking process; about 12 minutes.
    Remove from oven, baste with sauce.

It was suggested in the recipe to serve with mashed sweet potato.

It's 228 calories a serving :)
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I often pan fry with water, then add lemon juice and black pepper for no added calories but wonderful extra flavor. Serve with your favorite veggies.

We have so many food allergies in my family that I have to keep things very simple, but I've found the flavor of the meat since changing from full-blown recipes to more basic cooking. And it's quick, cheap and easy, too!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

This sounds delicious! Saving for later....Thank you!