Surprise!!!! Pregnant!

Options
So surprise for me, I'm pregnant. Now I get that babies are wonderful and I love my two other children but I am so not ready for a 3rd already. I'm not ready to give my body away to someone else again so soon. It was a week before my little guys 1st birthday that I found out I was prego with my second and two weeks before her birthday when I found out #3 is coming. The second one we were taking our chances I admitt but this time we were being "careful", or so I thought. I was just about half way to my weight loss goal when the news broke. Part of that goal was also that I would never be over 200lbs even when pregnant but that seems a little unrealistic now. I have checked out babyfit.com thanks to some comments on this website but it isn't as easy to navigate as this one. Anyone else out there recently get a surprise pregnancy? I don't want to tell any of my friends and family here until I am 3 months along but I figure, hey who are you guys going to tell?

Replies

• VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So surprise for me, I'm pregnant. Now I get that babies are wonderful and I love my two other children but I am so not ready for a 3rd already. I'm not ready to give my body away to someone else again so soon. It was a week before my little guys 1st birthday that I found out I was prego with my second and two weeks before her birthday when I found out #3 is coming. The second one we were taking our chances I admitt but this time we were being "careful", or so I thought. I was just about half way to my weight loss goal when the news broke. Part of that goal was also that I would never be over 200lbs even when pregnant but that seems a little unrealistic now. I have checked out babyfit.com thanks to some comments on this website but it isn't as easy to navigate as this one. Anyone else out there recently get a surprise pregnancy? I don't want to tell any of my friends and family here until I am 3 months along but I figure, hey who are you guys going to tell?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Aw heck-- you're already dirty-- the more, the merrier-- take it from me. Congrats!!!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Aww! You can do it though! It is possible only to gain about 17lbs when pregnant if you keep up what you have been doing! Talk to your doctor about it and see what they say.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I won't tell anyone, I promise! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You feel like you're not ready... but I bet you felt that way with number 1 and number 2 also. Just gotta jump in I guess. :flowerforyou:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just think...after birth u immediate lose 12-15 pounds... :)

Heck of a jump start.....

Yes I owe all my knowledge to Discovery Health Channel :tongue:

but CONGRATS!!
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just think...after birth u immediate lose 12-15 pounds... :)

Heck of a jump start.....

Yes I owe all my knowledge to Discovery Health Channel :tongue:

but CONGRATS!!
  • tookieb
    tookieb Posts: 89
    Options
    Congratulations!! You'll do fine:wink: My third baby was a bit of a surprise as well, the 1st time we did anything without protection I got pregnant..."He shoots, he scores"::laugh: How old are your other two? Mine are 4, 2 & 6weeks. I found going from 2 to 3 kids easier then going from 1 to 2. The two big kids entertain eachother a lot, and they are really good to their baby sister. So don't worry too much and as for the weight gain just try to stay on track with MFP and you should do fine.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I promise it WILL be ok.

I want you to look at my profile. That crazy girl making the face with her BFF is my 3rd. She is my best friend.

I remember being careful. 2nd one just turned 1 yr old. My mom was very ill.

I thought oh Lord, please take this from me.

I cant imagine life without her.

We have never been hungry....or lonely!!

Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Try having two kids in the same year. :ohwell: My second one was a big surprise. I found out I was pregnant during my six-week check-up. :noway: Honestly, the whole second pregnancy was/is a blur. And then after he was born, I had one on the hip and one in a carrier for a long time. Talk about exhausting. :tongue: The best thing about having kids so close though, is that the are still very, very close. I'm thankful for that since.

You'll do fine, I'm sure. Congratulations to you and your whole family! How old are your other two and have you told them the good news yet?
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    Congrats!!!

Stick to plan but of course talk to your doctor first. Find out what you can keep your heart rate at during pregnancy and how many extra calories you might need!!!!

You are going to do great! What's a 3rd? LOL :laugh:
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. My little boy is 2 1/2 years old and my little girl will be 1 in a week. So as for telling them I haven't really and don't see much point yet because they are too little to get it. Slade might have some understanding when the day gets closer. Well I have known for a few days now and I am starting to feel better about it all but I'm still not completely on board yet. I'm sure once it really sinks in and I get used to the idea, things will be fine.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Jeez Vanessa, I just wanna hug you. :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    So how does one get surprised by a pregnancy?:huh: If you don't want to be pregnant you need to double up on prevention. Oh well too late for that talk now.

I have three that are very close together and it will be fine. You don't have to gain a ton while your pregnant. I think I only gained 20 pounds with each of mine. Just keep active, with 2 little ones it's hard not to be active. And eat healthy. I actually took weight off after #3 faster than with the other two. But remember to take your time after to let your body heal. Also breast feeding is great for weight lose.

I wish we could have more, but we can't. I would take your place if I could.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Aww! You can do it though! It is possible only to gain about 17lbs when pregnant if you keep up what you have been doing! Talk to your doctor about it and see what they say.

She's right. With my second, I only gained 15 lbs. I was back in my prepregnancy clothes a week after I had my daughter...too bad I was fat to begin with:ohwell:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. My little boy is 2 1/2 years old and my little girl will be 1 in a week. So as for telling them I haven't really and don't see much point yet because they are too little to get it. Slade might have some understanding when the day gets closer. Well I have known for a few days now and I am starting to feel better about it all but I'm still not completely on board yet. I'm sure once it really sinks in and I get used to the idea, things will be fine.

I wouldn't tell them until you start to show. One thing is that something could happen. The other is that 9 mo is a very long time for a little kid.