Chipotle Problem

Options
2»

Replies

• electromg
    electromg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I looooovee Chipotle!!!
    I would eat Chipotle twice a day if I were you. I wouldn't be able to stop myself!! HAHA

Okay, so first off, don't trust the website's calorie estimates. You should jot down your portions and have a better estimate. See, these fast food places are required to post their calories--but its on the assumption you are being served less--and takes advantage of the legal "margin of error". So basically they can skew the numbers a LOT.

Anyway, I know the tortillas are beyond delicious, but you need to not eat them! White carbs do more damage than good. Lets say you can have a full sized burrito once a week. Yes, ONCE a week. The other days make this:
    A burrito bowl with mainly black beans, fajita vegetables, (some chicken if you eat meat, but not a whole lot), corn, lettuce, and a little salsa. Now THAT sounds tasty to me right now. I know you may be "addicted" to the whole enchilada, erm, burrito....but seriously, it fades!!! Black beans are very very healthy for you! High fiber diets are some of the most successful diets, and you would get protein too that would last. You wouldn't get the hunger later that you would from white rice and the tortilla. Since you are eating a lot of sodium, drink extra water, even more than the requirement.

So that was long, but I know you can do it! Remember, once a week you get what you want!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I just had Chipotle on Thursday. I had the bowl, skipped the rice, had pinto beans, fajita veggies, no meat, tomato salsa, medium salsa, sour cream, cheese, guacamole and lettuce - I' pretty sure it was under 600 calories. I found a Chipotle calorie calculator on-line and use it before I go, to decide what to have.
    If I were in your shoes, I'd pack 3 days, eat there 2. That gives you less days of Chipotle and more days of healthier eating.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    OMG Chipotle...mmm...so good. I am hungry now. Had my first bowl in Colorado a couple weeks ago!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You could do a healthier plate such as the salads but Im pretty sure everything in the menu is packed with salt, everyday of eating too much salt would not be good for you.
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Could you go for a run/walk during part of your lunch to squeeze in some exercise? Or go up and down some stairs?

I'm in the - Chipotle can be reasonable! - camp. I'd focus more on eating a salad with yummies on top (half portions of meat, beans, etc - double portions of veggies... no tortilla or rice) and maybe bringing some fruit to eat with it
  • DesertMirage
    DesertMirage Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the replies guys!!! I brought watermelon as a snack today and on Monday I'm going to make myself a nice healthy dinner and hopefully every other day bring my food.

Anyone have some good (non messy) recipes for dinner that can be packed to go, they want to share?
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    eat lunch in your car if you have too. frankly i wouldn't care what people would think. Its your life, take control of it! Twll them you are sick of mexican food, burnt out whatever, thats pretty normal.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    restaurant trade baby! I used to do that back in the day, find a few places that you want to eat at and trade food, ether that or pack a lunch like me, Weight Watchers meals
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    bring your own food and tell them to stuff it! your having fuel not food!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Bring your own food... the extra sodium increases your risk for heart related disease and stroke and I'm sure you are consistently going over. Even 2500 mg a day is too much based on the American Heart Association.

Secondly... the saturated fat is probably disgusting.

While you may look fantabulous on the outside... if you aren't giving your body awesome fuel... your insides are going to look like sludge and eventually it will catch up to you in terms of disease.

Think about the future- Chipotle won't be there for you in 20 years when you're laying in a hospital bed after having a heart attack. Take care of yourself first.