Biggest losers of all colors unite!

Options
Hey everyone. I recently had a team member, one that was doing pretty well, drop out of the challenge as a result of things going on with their life, this is fine and it happens, every team has had adjustments, sometimes weekly.

Anyway, after wishing this person good luck on their goals etc I got a response that after some thought was a bit odd to me. I don't know if this person was refering to me or canelitas or whatever but they said they didn't think any of the challenges should have dictators ruling them.

I have to defend canelitas if she is the person being referred to as a dictator. I have to give her some applause for taking the time to actually ORGANIZE a challenge. I have been a member of MFP for over a year and I have joined many challenges and there is never any accountability and I think the reason this challenge has motivated those of us that have stuck with it is we are accountable, not just for a team.. not even the team, but it makes an opportunity for us to hold ourselves accountable and feel safe to tell someone that we had a bad week or hey I had a great week or whatever.

If they were referring to me or any other team leader, canelitas reached out to us and asked us if we were willing to take teh lead and help keep the team members accountable. No one forced us to do this and no one forced the people joining to stick with it. Quite honestly, if you don't want to participate or send your results to anyone that is your choice.

Anyway, cheers to canelitas for finally creating a challenge that is working for a lot of people. All said and done our teams have lost quite a bit of weight over the last 6 weeks, with even more to come tomorrow. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I recently had a team member, one that was doing pretty well, drop out of the challenge as a result of things going on with their life, this is fine and it happens, every team has had adjustments, sometimes weekly.

Anyway, after wishing this person good luck on their goals etc I got a response that after some thought was a bit odd to me. I don't know if this person was refering to me or canelitas or whatever but they said they didn't think any of the challenges should have dictators ruling them.

I have to defend canelitas if she is the person being referred to as a dictator. I have to give her some applause for taking the time to actually ORGANIZE a challenge. I have been a member of MFP for over a year and I have joined many challenges and there is never any accountability and I think the reason this challenge has motivated those of us that have stuck with it is we are accountable, not just for a team.. not even the team, but it makes an opportunity for us to hold ourselves accountable and feel safe to tell someone that we had a bad week or hey I had a great week or whatever.

If they were referring to me or any other team leader, canelitas reached out to us and asked us if we were willing to take teh lead and help keep the team members accountable. No one forced us to do this and no one forced the people joining to stick with it. Quite honestly, if you don't want to participate or send your results to anyone that is your choice.

Anyway, cheers to canelitas for finally creating a challenge that is working for a lot of people. All said and done our teams have lost quite a bit of weight over the last 6 weeks, with even more to come tomorrow. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    sounds more like the person wanted someone to blame, not hold them accountable-- my totally unsolicited opinion--

All I'd have to say to that is--

snapoutofit.gif

Hee-- hee-- I found this online and it tickles the heck out of me-- it is SO me. :bigsmile:

Have a great night.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: here's to canelitas!!:flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Same here, Nichole. I joined a few challenges before BL and they just fizzled out! This one is very organized and I love it! I have made better decisions on more than one occasion because I don't want to have report a weight gain!!! The support here is fantastic! BWL's ROCK!:drinker:

I'm sorry for whoever dropped out & I do hope they keep up their efforts to improve their lives.:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting about this Nic0le....:flowerforyou: I can't even imagine this challenge working so smoothly WITHOUT you wonderful volunteer team leaders. Seems like it would be all willy nilly:drinker: (ok, tee hee, now there's a word you don't hear all to often) without some guidance... I know through out the week we get great motivation from our team leaders....challenging us to keep going....telling us WE CAN DO IT...

I'm always looking for more threads to read each and everyone of them keeps me movtivated and inspired....whether it be a Purple Post, a team thread....or an individual team...yup, I like to jump on those as well....just to cheer other teamplayers on.

Here's to ALL our team leaders.....and C? I had NO IDEA you've only been a member since Aug.....so BIG HUGS to you for taking on such a large task....

You are ALL appreciated....you work so hard to get all your peeps weights in on time, and sometimes we drag our feet, but yet you still keep going.:laugh:

Ok, time to go watch BL now....and put socks on....BRrrrrrrrrrrr got really cold all a sudden:huh:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Thanks to our Leaders for doing such a fantastic job! I appreciate your organizing and maintaining the progress of all. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    We love all our leaders!!!!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yeah! What they said! How's that saying go? (have to ask hubby)

"You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time." emoticon_shrug.gif

I truly appreciate all of our team leaders and especially Canelitas. You guys have done and continue to do an awesome job!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    This is only my first week in the challenge, but I would like to add my thanks. The time and effort contributed by the leaders and assistants is beyond impressive. You have made it so easy for the rest of us. Thank you for the hours of work week after week!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    ...All I'd have to say to that is--

snapoutofit.gif

Hee-- hee-- I found this online and it tickles the heck out of me-- it is SO me. :bigsmile:

Have a great night.

That was too funny. I found this one the other day...sFi_slapfight.gif and have been dying to use it somewhere. lol
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    I can not remember when I have been more motivated. Before this challenge I would do good one day and crappy the next. With this you are accountable. Not only for myself but for my team. Plus it is really exciting to see everybody come together and have something in common to talk about.

Way to go! I really admire and appriciate all the time it takes for the team leaders do to contribute to this challenge. I know if it was me I wouldn't be able to do what they do. Yet alone the time it takes to do it.

Thanks
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    ...All I'd have to say to that is--

snapoutofit.gif

Have a great night.

That was too funny. I found this one the other day...sFi_slapfight.gif and have been dying to use it somewhere. lol

And here are the biggest losers of all colors uniting and doing the wave--

happy110.gif

WooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    you guys are cracking me up with all your little icon thingys (ya, I can't remember what they are called) I want some!!!!

:laugh:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Thanks for posting this NicOle! I think that this is working for so many people because of the way it is being ran. Canelitas is AWESOME! Speaking as one of those leaders, I have to say that she puts in huge amounts of time to make this all run smooth so that we can all get the maximum benefits. And wow, we have awesome results every week! Way to go to everyone on every team! Lets keep up the good work!

And if you are not happy with this challenge, then the glory of it all is, you can start your own and make it work for you and those involved! Good luck!

By the way, good luck on this weeks weigh in's! Cant wait to post results and see Black and Purple Results too!

Amy