mon trx class 1hr long then 2hrcardio ellpitcal and trendmill

tues 2hr cardio ellptical and trendmill

wed pilates circuit (reformer,tower,chair) 1hr then 2hr cardio

thurs combo spin,kettle,trx 1hr long then 1hr ellpitcal and trendmill

friday rest

sat cardio 3hr ellptical and trendmill,stairmaster

sun bikram yoga 90 min

thnks in advance.

i am on a 1200 cal diet drink green tea and i dont feel hungry sometimes i go under 1200 when eating. after workout not too hungry i drink green tea and eat bread. After the light meal not hungry then i get 8hrs sleep. i drink 6 glasses of water

Replies

• seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    With that much exercise I hope you are netting at least 1200 calories and not just eating 1200 and not eating back what you burn.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    no i dont eat back the calories sometimes my calories is 900 cal after the workout and meals. i dont feel hungry.
  • That's a lot of exercise to only be eating 1200 calories. Your body is going to be dying.
    It's proven that even if you workout for 30 mins for 3-5 times a week you are going to lose weight. It's about eating healthy not overworking yourself.
  • rita27ny
    I have lost 4lbs in a week. I'm wondering if i continue this workout plan will I plataeu?
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    I would try incorporating a few higher calorie items like nuts or nut butters, avocado etc. Your net calories are very low if you are working out that much. My suggestion would be to cut back on the exercise some and eat a bit more. I think you'll have better results that way. You need to rest and fuel your muscles in order for them to get stronger....
  • seckler
    I think yes in the long run in will plateau. I you have a lot to lose you can get away with eating low cal for awhile, but as you get closer to your goal you definitely need more food.
  • rita27ny
    seckler you look awesome in your pic
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    my schedule is this currently tell me if this is good:

mon trx class 1hr long then 2hrcardio ellpitcal and trendmill

tues 2hr cardio ellptical and trendmill

wed pilates circuit (reformer,tower,chair) 1hr then 2hr cardio

thurs combo spin,kettle,trx 1hr long then 1hr ellpitcal and trendmill

friday rest

sat cardio 3hr ellptical and trendmill,stairmaster

sun bikram yoga 90 min

thnks in advance.

i am on a 1200 cal diet drink green tea and i dont feel hungry sometimes i go under 1200 when eating. after workout not too hungry i drink green tea and eat bread. After the light meal not hungry then i get 8hrs sleep. i drink 6 glasses of water

How's your performance on these, how are you feeling? It's good to exercise frequently as long as you don't surpass your body's ability to recover. If you start feeling lethargic and wornout, you may need to cut back or adjust your diet. I can't tell what your weight is but you may want to try and eat your bodyweight x 10 in calories and see how you go from there. If you plateau then drop your calories by 10% and you should start dropping weight again and if you plateau again, drop another 10%.

I'm not completely familiar with some of your exercises up there but make sure you're splitting things up a little, mainly looking at low-intensity versus high-intensity. You probably don't want to have one high-intensity session followed-up by another high-intensity session.

For instance let's assume TRX is high-intensity then perhaps your post-cardio routine should be a brisk treadmill walk up an incline but not so inclined that it's real challenging, just enough. On the other hand, let's assume that your Pilates is low-impact then perhaps follow-up with some high intensity interval training on the treadmill or elliptical afterwards, but perhaps not 60 to 120 minutes worth.

Different intensity levels stimulate your body differently and it's good to have a little of both.
  • rita27ny
    i'm 5'1 134.5.

i just started trx i can't do all the moves or reps. i sweat like a pig in that class. cardio i do a brisk walk i set the trendmill on random so it changes settings every couple mins the fastest i will go on the trend mill is 3.7 and incline of 10 that is in all my workouts.

my cardio is not that intense i also wear a sauna suit for my cardio workout.
  • rita27ny
    when im finished my workout i feel tired. i go home take a shower drink 2glass of water eat fruit sometimes bread or green tea and sleep. I cannot move LOL
  • JNick77
    i'm 5'1 134.5.

i just started trx i can't do all the moves or reps. i sweat like a pig in that class. cardio i do a brisk walk i set the trendmill on random so it changes settings every couple mins the fastest i will go on the trend mill is 3.7 and incline of 10 that is in all my workouts.

my cardio is not that intense i also wear a sauna suit for my cardio workout.

How are you feeling physically and mentally right now? How is your weight loss progression going?
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    How's your performance on these, how are you feeling? It's good to exercise frequently as long as you don't surpass your body's ability to recover. If you start feeling lethargic and wornout, you may need to cut back or adjust your diet. I can't tell what your weight is but you may want to try and eat your bodyweight x 10 in calories and see how you go from there. If you plateau then drop your calories by 10% and you should start dropping weight again and if you plateau again, drop another 10%.

I'm not completely familiar with some of your exercises up there but make sure you're splitting things up a little, mainly looking at low-intensity versus high-intensity. You probably don't want to have one high-intensity session followed-up by another high-intensity session.

For instance let's assume TRX is high-intensity then perhaps your post-cardio routine should be a brisk treadmill walk up an incline but not so inclined that it's real challenging, just enough. On the other hand, let's assume that your Pilates is low-impact then perhaps follow-up with some high intensity interval training on the treadmill or elliptical afterwards, but perhaps not 60 to 120 minutes worth.

Different intensity levels stimulate your body differently and it's good to have a little of both.

I disagree with practically everything he says. It wouldn't surprise me if you are burning close to 1000 calories on your 3 hr days and if you are only consuming 1200 calories, that is like driving your car pedal to the metal for 3 hours and then not filling it with gas. It may work for a little bit, but not for you. You need to be either eating more or eating more calorie dense foods. It wouldn't surprise me at all if what you are losing is mostly muscle.

According to your ticker, you only have 7 lbs to lose. If this is correct, cardio will not do much for you, strength training is the place to be. You should have your weekly loss rate set at .5 lbs/week and eating back as much of your exercise calories as you can.
  • JNick77

I disagree with practically everything he says. It wouldn't surprise me if you are burning close to 1000 calories on your 3 hr days and if you are only consuming 1200 calories, that is like driving your car pedal to the metal for 3 hours and then not filling it with gas. It may work for a little bit, but not for you. You need to be either eating more or eating more calorie dense foods. It wouldn't surprise me at all if what you are losing is mostly muscle.

According to your ticker, you only have 7 lbs to lose. If this is correct, cardio will not do much for you, strength training is the place to be. You should have your weekly loss rate set at .5 lbs/week and eating back as much of your exercise calories as you can.

What do you disagree with?
  • seckler
    seckler you look awesome in your pic
    Awe thanks!
    I saw that you are 5'1" and 134.5. I am 5'2" and started at 132 and like you started at 1200 cal and was afraid to eat back calories burned during exercise. I was hungry!! I started eating them all or close to all back and still list weight and wasn't hungry anymore :) your body needs food (fuel) to run and don't be afraid of healthy fats either you need them as well to burn fat!
  • rita27ny
    i lost 4lbs in a week. :)

after the workouts sometimes i am tired sometimes i am full of energy and i can't fall asleep until 3am :). I work an 8 hr job and sit all day but at night I do my workout .

I went by myfitnessplan and they suggest i eat 1600cal with -400 of excerise with 1200cal afterwards I'm not doing that. So I'm wrong but I am not hungry.

They say not to eat less than 1200 your body will go in stravation mode. Since Im doing the least 1200cal and I plateau I eat less then 1200 you think I would lose weight. Sorry for stupid questions.
  • seckler
    But you aren't doing at least 1200 if you don't eat those calories you burn when exercising. Your net should be at least 1200 calories and if you are at a stand still with weight loss I would try to eat more for a few weeks and see if it helps.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member

Forgive me, I misread a couple of your statements and thought you meant to continue cutting from 1200 and to continue with her workout. This truly scared me and I jumped the gun a little bit. I agree that she should go off of how she feels and go from there and your subtle hint that she should cut back.
  • rita27ny
    Your right seckler i'm not doing 1200 cal im under that. Im going to eat more.
  • JNick77

Forgive me, I misread a couple of your statements and thought you meant to continue cutting from 1200 and to continue with her workout. This truly scared me and I jumped the gun a little bit. I agree that she should go off of how she feels and go from there and your subtle hint that she should cut back.

Yes. If her calorie intake is too low now she can actually fall into a trap of losing muscle mass and actually not lose any good weight. That's kinda why I suggested upping her calories a bit to make sure she continues to lose healthy weight.

Great article from Ryan Andrews (MS/MA, RD, CSCS), http://www.precisionnutrition.com/all-about-g-flux
  • rita27ny
    My ticket is wrong!! I need to lose 53lbs.
This discussion has been closed.