One month down and a few more to go

Options
I joined this site 4 weeks ago and have lost 22 pounds by making better food choices, keeping my calories in check, and drinking more water. I haven't posted until now because I wanted to make sure I could stick to the routine. I haven't really added exercise to my program yet, but know I need to if I want to keep up the weight loss. Some things I've learned in the last month: 1) Be honest about recording ALL caloric intake. If I eat it (or drink it) and don't record it, I'm just cheating myself. 2) Stop eating after 8PM. Any decision I make regarding food after that time is usually bad. 3) Drinking water to flush the system is important. It helps me feel fuller and eat less. 4) Don't skip breakfast to try and "save" calories. Jump start the metabolism with some protein in the morning (I eat Greek yogurt) and eat something sensible every 3-4 hours after that. 5) Eat lean protein. I can have a hamburger or steak every now and then, but grilled chicken and fish are really much better for me.

I have another 35 pounds to go to reach my goal weight, but I'm happy about the progress so far. Using this ste to track my net calories has definitely been a big help.

Pat

Replies

• harvick29fan
    harvick29fan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great loss!!! Keep up the good work.
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    Wow... thats great! I need to do a better job. I'm only down 12. Such a long way to go for me. Keep it up.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a fabulous first 4 weeks!! Well done.:flowerforyou:
  • chiroGirl77
    Options
    Great job and great lessons learned! You are an inspiration! That is an awesome amount of weight to lose in 4 weeks!