Looking for a good bar.

Options
I like the MOJO Bar made by Cliff Barr are there any other good ones? I am looking for one with no more than 200 calories and that is where the problem lies.

Replies

• ginahunter00
    Options
    I like the MOJO Bar made by Cliff Barr are there any other good ones? I am looking for one with no more than 200 calories and that is where the problem lies.
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i've been eating Luna bars.. they're pretty good.. about 180 - 190 cals each.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna bars- chocolate caramel nut or Nutz over chocolate are good ones w/ 190 cals!
    Or the Kids Clif Organic Z Bars are yummy- Peanut Butter (140 cals), Chocolate Brownie (130 cals), and Chocolate chip (120 cals). They're all already in the database! HTH!

Jess

P.S. Or if you're looking for a more whole foods type bar, Larabars are really good too, most of them are less than 200 cals but a little higher in fat (they're just made from natural fruits & nuts). I like the Apple Pie and Cherry Pie flavors the best!
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love love love Luna bars too. I eat one every day between lunch and dinner. They curb my appitite and my sweet tooth.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the P90X Chocolate Peanut butter bars.

Ones I've tried in the past and enjoyed:

Think Thin Chunky Peanut Butter Bar
    Think Thin Brownie Crunch Bar

Clif bars aren't too shabby.

I also like Lara bars.

In general... I've tried lots of bars and many of them have ended up in the trash after only eating half because I couldn't take them anymore! Hahaha. The latest I tried was called Greens & Whey... I just couldn't take it! :laugh:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I like the Kashi Go Lean bars. 150 calories, 3 g fat, 6 grams fiber, 8 g protein. Chocolate Caramel is my favorite!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    . The latest I tried was called Greens & Whey... I just couldn't take it! :laugh:

Sounds like something I'd feed a horse....:grumble:
  • ginahunter00
    Options
    Thanks I will try the Luna Bar did you find it filling?
  • ginahunter00
    Options
    I will also look for the Think Thin Chunky Peanut Butter Bar ,Think Thin Brownie Crunch Bar, I haven't seen those yet.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot about the Kashi ones.... those are yummy!!!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot about the Kashi ones.... those are yummy!!!!!!

Ah...yes, the Kashi ones are good....they have one called 'The Crunch' but I also have been trying out the Cliff bars lately. The ones I prefer are the Oatmeal Walnut Raison and something with the words dark cherry in it.

I usually eat half before my workout and then the other half a couple hours later when I'm leaving the gym. Handy to have on hand in the ole gym bag:drinker:
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    i tried the Kashi Go-Lean bar, 190 calories, and it was good for a tight situation. It was $1.59 at a convenience store...expensive.

greenie
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmm I THINK that the Cliff bars I've tried have like 180 in them??? They are in the food diary thing under Cliff Bars Oatmeal Raisin Walnut if you'd wanna check.

If I had one here I'd just take a look for you.

Forgive me if I my numbers are off....but I think that's what they are.....

I've never tried the MOJO cliff ones or the Luna... I'll have to check the pkgs. and see if they work for me.

I like to use them for a quick brekkie bar occasionally or like I shared above on another post... 1/2 before a workout an save the other 1/2 for after. They are quite filling/satisfing that's more what I prefer in a bar...

If it tastes TOO good...oh no :noway: ...lol I don't want those type...ya know the ones, that taste like candy bars. :noway: :laugh:
  • beckybubbles
    beckybubbles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Detour Bars are delicious. I buy them at Costco for $22 or so for 24 bars. They are in the 16-180 calorie range depending on flavor and have 15 grams of protein. I found them b/c about 1 1/2 when I was doing Medifast I found Proti Diet bars which are only 125-1150 calories and 15 g protein. It's the perfect low calorie yummy snack but loaded with protein to keep you full and neither of the Detour or Proti Diet bars have that yucky protein taste. I just buy the detour b/c they are a little less expensive and I don't have to pay for shipping. You can find the proti-diet bars on the web.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Mojo peanut butter and jelly :wink: Yum
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Luna bars...chocolate peppermint!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Luna bars...chocolate peppermint!

OMG thats what i had for breakfast. soooooo tasty.

i had done a 2 day juice fast and missed chewing. i think it took me 10 minutes to eat it because i was enjoying chewing it.
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes- Luna bars are very filling....
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    luna bars are the best and they come in tons of diff. flavors.
    The only one that I don't care for is the Lemon zest bar.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Chocolate and Oats Chewy Granola Bars. 140 calories, and DELICIOUS.