Average cals: bkfast, lunch, dinner??

Options
2»

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I try to have breakfast between 300-400 calories(on the weekends it's more like 500)

Lunch is generally 400-500 calories

Dinner is generally around 500 calories(I exercise right before dinner, so I'm generally starving after!)

I have one snack and it's normally about 200 calories or less.

MFP has me at 1680 before exercise calories and I try to land with in a hundred or so calories of that.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I have a hard time eating a heavy breakfast... but I may need to try to up my cals in the beginning of the day so I don't have to worry about having such a heavy dinner, which I also have a hard time eating! :P

On a usual day my bkfast usually only amount to about 100-300 cals, and my lunch is about 200-300 which and my snacks usually are around 100 cals, which leaves me A LOT for dinner, and that's without exercise! I am going to slowly try to integrate more food in the AM, which I know is supposed to be better for you than eating more in the PM.

Thanks again everyone!! :DD
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I average between 250-350 cals per meal, and then my snacks are usually about between 150-200. I like to have smaller meals that are closer in size to my snacks, because I find that I just work more efficiently through the day that way. I like to eat a majority of my calories in breakfast, lunch, and snacks before 3pm, because that leaves me more satisfied so I don't feel starved come dinnertime.
  • AlMusallam_47
    Options
    Eat your Breakfast like a King .. Eat your Dinner like a poor
    ( and your lunch should be like normal )
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    I do 5 meals a day..my calorie allowance is 1350 so I try to keep each "meal" around 300 calories
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary. I generally eat more as the day goes on (small breakfast, medium lunch, big dinner). I could never eat a huge breakfast in the morning at the hour I get up for work!
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My calorie allotment without workout is 1330. I do 5 meals a day -- and divide it evenly. So I target about 266 per meal. I am sometimes over or under in a given meal. Sometimes for dinner I eat a little more. I am rarely over. And I am rarely hungry.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I have a hard time eating a heavy breakfast... but I may need to try to up my cals in the beginning of the day so I don't have to worry about having such a heavy dinner, which I also have a hard time eating! :P

I think the most important thing for success is to work with your own natural eating rhythm to an extent. Its great if people prefer to have a heavier breakfast and a lighter evening meal, but its equally OK to do it the other way round if thats what feels natural to you, otherwise you will be fighting against your instincts which will lead to failure.
    If you dont like eating big in the morning, or evening, try and make lunch your main meal