What are you reading at the moment?

Options

Replies

• krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Divine Evil by Nora Roberts...wouldnt recommend it...not my kind of book.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the curious incident of the dog in the night time by Mark Haddon for the second time. I'd recommed it to anyone... although it's aimed more at children it's beautiful. It's a murder mystery where the main character is a boy called Christopher who has Aspergers Syndrome. The book is made even better because it's told from Christophers point of view.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    For entertainment purposes: The Gunseller by Hugh Laurie
    This is a decent book so far, Laurie certainly is a man of many talents and his writing isn't terrible, but his acting is better in my opinion. I recommend it though.
    For educational purposes: Kirkpatrick Signature Series Reader (a real page turner let me tell you-not).
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up "The Inner Circle" by Brad Metzler. It's a political thriller, conspiracy theory, secret societies....very exciting!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I just started Wicked by Gregory Maguire. The musical is coming to my town next month and I want to see it SO bad!

That is a great book and a wickedly awesome show. So far my all time favorite, but I'm going to see Les Mis later on this year!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the curious incident of the dog in the night time by Mark Haddon for the second time. I'd recommed it to anyone... although it's aimed more at children it's beautiful. It's a murder mystery where the main character is a boy called Christopher who has Aspergers Syndrome. The book is made even better because it's told from Christophers point of view.

sounds intresting might have to look for it. and what is the age group most recomended if able might read it to my son (ASD high funtcion)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    curious incident of the dog in the night time is a great read. Really gives insight into the autistic mind. Ive read it a couple of times too
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    As of right now, my own work. I'm a writer and have a novel writing seminar coming up on Monday :)
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options

sounds intresting might have to look for it. and what is the age group most recomended if able might read it to my son (ASD high funtcion)
    Well it does have a few situations that might cause problems... like when Christopher finds the dog, the policeman and Christopher running away to find his mother. I'd say pre-teen, teen. Though i could be read by younger, as you can tell i'm not very good at advising ages because i had a larger than average reading age as a kid. I mean i read The Lord of the Rings when i was 9 so... It might be better for you to read it first and then decide wether it's appropriate. The book gives a really good insight into the mind of a child with Aspergers.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I am STILL reading Sherry Turkle's "Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other.''

It's taking me forever to read, because I can never find the time!
  • sheila1119
    Options
    Reading: "Heaven is For Real", by Todd Burpo! Very good read.
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    I am a Substance Abuse Counseling student and am fascinated by subcultures, minorities and cultural differences in the world. I am currently loving the book "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK" a memoir of a woman's experience in a Federal Prison for 1 year. It is simply an amazing book and I cant put it down!
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I slogged through the first 50 or so pages of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and then I couldn't put it down. I think the beginning is difficult because it's switching perspectives. It's pretty intense, so I haven't read the other 2 yet.
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    I am STILL reading Sherry Turkle's "Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other.''

It's taking me forever to read, because I can never find the time!

Now this sounds like something I would really like!! Thanks!
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    i might try and put GWTDT back on my to-read list again then (along with the rest lol)
  • tfcolvett
    tfcolvett Posts: 18
    Options
    Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. So far, so good!
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just started Wicked by Gregory Maguire. The musical is coming to my town next month and I want to see it SO bad!
    I love the Wicked Years series . I can't wait to get the 4th and final book, Out of Oz.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    The Jokes Over: Memories of Hunter S. Thompson by Ralph Steadman.

It's fabulous.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. So far, so good!

fabulous book. I loved it
  • shadowyprincess
    Options
    I just started reading "Catching Fire" book two in The Hunger Games.